Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Squirrel Target
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2007 400's are starting to arrive. From first reports, it looks like a real winner, with many improvements

More Power and smoother power curve
Improved Seating: More of a saddle fit
Maintenance (14,500 mile valve check)
More Brakes: Changed to 2 disks up front
Bigger tires: increased by 1"

First report with discussion
www.BurgmanUSA.com :: View topic - At last... my new K7 400 Burgie is here!

·
Squirrel Target
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The 400 does have more buffeting than the 650, but the 650 has no more than any other bike of the same weight, (535 lbs dry), with a windshield.

I ride a 650 (2-up 95%) and do poker runs on occasion, with all types of bikes but mainly cruisers and full dressers. In small groups of 4-8, it is inevitable that we check out the "snot factor", mainly on acceleration. I rarley get beat, and I'm riding 2-up. The 400, riding solo is close in performance of a 650 2-up.

The acceleration is not strong, but it is steady and smooth, with no interruption for shifting, similar to snowmobile or jet ski. If your at 80% power, you stay there the whole time until you are at speed.

The 650 can also cruise at 80 mph on the slab, 2-up, without breathing real hard.

I am seeing advertisements on TV for Nissan, that uses the same technology on one of their cars (no shift jerk in their automatics).

·
May 2007 Member of the month
7,992 Posts
Hmmmm,,, maybe "J" might look into one of those then. She wants to ride but is not that in favor of the shifting aspect of it. And to be frank those Ridley motorcycles are just plain ugly. Will have to show her one of those and with the huge trunk they have then she can load her own bike down and save me room for more of my stuff.

All the clothes I could pack if I didn't have to pack a hairdryer, curling iron, iron, ironing board, makeup, vainity mirror, and fifteen different soaps and shampoos!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts