Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exploring options in selling this one-of-a-kind, state of the art Jen. Offered up is my beloved Suzuki M50 Maurader 800cc cruiser. Motorcycle has very low miles currently 3,7xx miles. Bike has been serviced properly and is in turn-key condition ready to ride.

Powerful v-twin motor for a distinct engine purrrrr and unique torque paired to a 5sp trans that scoots this beauty quite nicely. I don't have to praise it much on this forum- everyone knows this bike is sweet.

Some notable custom work done to the bike:
Black paint with green sparkle- truly an amazing paint job, makes the color really come out in the sun
Full COBRA exhaust for a throaty rumble.
Rear tail eliminator- one of a kind, I've yet to see another rear done like this on the m50. Turn signals are LED strips placed to either side of the tail light
License plate relocated to left side of wheel.
Slim mirrors (not pictured)
Brand new white-wall tires
HID headlight
bike has been lowered 2.5 in the rear, 1.5inch up front

This bike is truly one-of-a-kind and gets a lot of respect. Looking to sell due to financial situation.

Would like to sell at $5400 obo
Let me know if you have any questions. Send a message, I can provide a phone number later.

Im located in the Seattle-Tacoma area, can work with a shipping company, but would much prefer the buyer to come and inspect the bike in person first.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,606 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I think you are going to have to wait a while to get that price out of an 8 year old modified bike.
I KNOW that you think it's really sweet but buyers might not.

Then again, the right buyer might show up tomorrow.
Good luck.

·
Registered
193 Posts
All that talk about rear end but no pics. Isn't the M50 a Boulevard as opposed to a Maurader

·
Registered
95 Posts
Plus it is a v-4 not a v twin. Far as I know Nissan dosen't build bikes. If you look on left side by top of radiator you can catch a glimpse of what motor really look like with out taking the tank off.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,606 Posts
All that talk about rear end but no pics. Isn't the M50 a Boulevard as opposed to a Maurader
There are 5 pictures. Suzuki keeps screwing with their names; it was a Maurader once upon a time, maybe even an intruder.
They now call EVERYTHING in their cruiser line a Boulevard I think.

Plus it is a v-4 not a v twin. Far as I know Nissan dosen't build bikes. If you look on left side by top of radiator you can catch a glimpse of what motor really look like with out taking the tank off.

What the hell are you talking about ?
Nothing about a V-4 in this thread.
Nothing about Nissan either.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nissan tried get more power by putting two spark plugs in each cylinder. Man said he had v twin. Wrong. It a v four, vulcans have v four. Most used m50 or Volusia or maruders around here go for $3500 or less. That boattail ugly,but to each his own

·
Super Moderator
12,606 Posts
Man said he had v twin. Wrong. It a v four, vulcans have v four.
You do know that v-twin and v-four refers to the number of cylinders and NOT the number of plugs.......right ??

You are absolutely and totally wrong about the Vulcan and Suzuki cruisers. ALL of them are V-twins.
There are few if any new v-4s being made anymore. Only the V-Max readily comes to mind.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had one of each. 02 Volusia and 1500 vulcan, maybe they changed configuration of engine since, but I doubt it. Don't fix what ain't broke.

·
Super Moderator
12,606 Posts
I had one of each. 02 Volusia and 1500 vulcan, maybe they changed configuration of engine since, but I doubt it.
And neither one of them had 4 cylinders.
I don't know where you came up with this misconception.

2002 Suzuki VL 800 Intruder Volusia specifications and pictures

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/kawasaki-vulcan-1500-classic-fi

I did learn one thing from searching however.
Suzuki was even more brain dead than I thought, with putting both Intruder and Volusia names on some models. :roll:

·
Super Moderator
12,606 Posts
Don't you know why vulcans don't have counter balancers and Silverado's do?
Maybe because one is a motorcycle and the other is a pickup truck ????

What I DO know is you haven't made good sense with most of your posts since you joined us.

You need to clean up your act or explain yourself or you will be barred from further participation.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You right about Volusia. My son came by and I was telling him about this and he started laughing his ash off. When he finally got control he pointed out my bad.( that means wrong n young persons vocabulary) as far as getting barred from this forum, whatever floats your boat. I saw tex that thought was weird, but I'm easy and go with the flow. What about that fellow asking about oil. Everybody come up with flippant answers. Actually I've learned alot n short time. Guess you never stuck your foot n mouth. Mine 9 w and only the toes fit

tarheel

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
When Suzuki changed to fuel injection, all the unique names for their cruisers became Boulevards in the states. Everywhere else, they're still the same names. Some people think that the M still stands for Marauder, but it actually stands for muscle. As far as the tail goes, at least that was personal to that model before they made their M cruisers, all look like M109's, taking the individuality from that model. I like the tail on my M50 because it doesn't look like my M109.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts