Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
give it a good look over. check/ change fluids. Check breaks, wheel bearings. tire date. spark plugs. air filter. forks for leaking oil as well as the rear shock. a general inspection.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. All that was performed by the dealer, was just curios if there was something long term owners knew.

·
Registered
109 Posts
yeah no problem. unless they stated they did an inspection on the bike, i would still do a check on it. the 1300 is injected so its easier. carb bikes are tempermental. Mine vapor locked the other day. but doing your own inspection is a way to learn about your bike. Bare min, check the breaks and tires. and the drive belt. Do you know when the valves were adjusted? my v-star 1100 says every 4000 miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The owners mannual says to adjust every 4000 miles or six months, as you say. My bike was serviced at 16,000 and only has 17000 on her now. I'll have to get a service manual or google the procedure. I did get a two year warranty on the engine and tranny.

·
Registered
109 Posts
a service manual is a godsend f you do your own work. just keep the clutch adjusted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts