Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hello and welcome Lison.

I have the 28209 dark tint tour V-Stream. the Aussie and Canadian M50 is one in the same. So it will fit but like I mentioned, I had a hard time with the top two brackets and used small wood-clamps to pull them in close to thread the bolts through. I love the windshield, nothing else out there fits the look and style of our M50. I do get some buffeting at high speeds, but I was really only looking to get the wind of my chest. I probably could have easily gone with the 28208 sport version.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the info guys...will look at both the 28208 & 28209 and more than likely purchase one with the next pay.

I will show the other half your posts so he knows what he's in for when he fits the windshield

Heading over East at the end of the year, MotoGP here we come...so need to start buying little bits and pieces throughout the year.

·
Registered
396 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
cooley2.JPG

For comparison, the V-stream Tour, as apposed to Dark's sport version.

Minus the pretty girls and solar powered dude.

·
Registered
10 Posts
choices, choices....not sure which one I like now 8) they are both nice. I guess the touring one would make more sense considering it will be used for the trip over East - is that how it works?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I got the tour version with highway runs in mind. Prince Edward Island's top speed on the highways is 90km/h where as the Trans Canada Highway on the mainland is 110km/h. I found that the tour screen doesn't provide much help for buffeting once you hit the higher 110-120 speeds. I'm sure how tall you sit on the bike will make a difference, but like I've mentioned before, I could have just as easily gone with the sport version knowing what I know now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is a picture of the National Cycles V Shield tinted sports screen.
Slightly hard to mount, I had to get some longer bolts for the top brackets.
This screen was made for the M90 but also fits European / Canadian / Australian delivered m50s.
Photo was taken in front of a band shell (for the riding game reborn thread on the M50 forum).
I have Cooleys two inch risers fitted.

View attachment 26399

My experience is that this screen markedly reduces buffeting on the body when riding, but slightly increases it around the helmet area.
Bike seems to be more stable.
Hey I see you you've got Cooley's risers on....I've just sent him a message to see costs involved to getting here and whether they fit our bike - so you've answered the question as to fit - were they easy enough to fit.:)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Hey I see you you've got Cooley's risers on....I've just sent him a message to see costs involved to getting here and whether they fit our bike - so you've answered the question as to fit - were they easy enough to fit.:)
Yes, Cooley's risers were reasonably easy to fit... I felt they improved the ride

·
Registered
396 Posts
I picked up Cooley's risers for my bike as well. I haven't made the time yet to put them on but I imagine it should be a fairly easy process. The hard part will be cracking the lock-tight on the riser bolts. I can also attest to the new Cooley Chin fitting our bikes very nicely... it really brings out personality of the bike in my opinion. Great fit.

·
Registered
396 Posts
AfterDarker, what bags do you have in that picture anyways? I've been looking for a good size set of hard bags with out spending an arm and a leg, so far the Mutazu MU bags are at the top of the list.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The bags I got are from Hardstreet
http://www.hardstreet.com/
They are made in the USA.
Fitting is reasonably good but they have ridiculous warnings, don't go over 80 mph and don't carry more than 7lbs!!

I fitted additional bolts and washers and have had them on up to 170 kmh flat chat. They look good and are lockable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have ordered the windshield from Superbike Toy Store - looked around quite a bit for a reasonable price and I know this company's rep is pretty good so stuck with a known company. Now lets see how long it takes to get to Western Australia and hopefully wont be too long before the windshield is attached. Now looking at the risers from shape masters, slowing transforming my beauty :bluethum:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Looking forward to seeing some pics once you have in installed.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
The bags I got are from Hardstreet
HARDSTREET SADDLEBAGS HOME PAGE
They are made in the USA.
Fitting is reasonably good but they have ridiculous warnings, don't go over 80 mph and don't carry more than 7lbs!!

I fitted additional bolts and washers and have had them on up to 170 kmh flat chat. They look good and are lockable.
So what happens at 80 mph? Do they hit the time warp from the flux capacitor?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The bags haven't cracked or fallen off but you need to beef up the mounting points. The original mounts are weak and not what you would expect from a "hard street". But at least they ship with plenty of spare mounting hardware brackets and grommets so you can play around with it a bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 Suzuki M50 with Memphis Shades Big Shot Windshield

SDC11932.JPG

9 inch headlight

Purchased from Motorcycle Superstore, gets the job done. They told me it was not adjustable, but you can raise or lower it several inches by positioning the shock clamps high or low. I am 5'10" and having it as low as possible allowed me to see over the top just right. Keeps the wind out of my face. The mounting kit was part MEM9937

·
Registered
396 Posts
That looks like a solid windscreen for the 2009 and older M50's but I don't think it would work with the headlight cowl on the 2010 and newer M50s.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts