Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I took the All Bran Challenge
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introduced in Germany, the C90T, in Europe C1500T, the 2013 model available in March, has the M90 motor, Blacked Out, Hard Bags, 200 rear tire, no back rest, 18 Lt. tank.
Check you tube as videos are posted under 2013 C1500T

·
Registered
126 Posts
This looks really interesting. I've been looking for a bike worthy of an upgrade from my M50 and I have to say that after owning a Victory I'd love to own another suzuki again. Liquid cooled is a huge plus too!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
So the video is shot in the US where we haven't had a 1500 since '09. My guess is we'll get this one. If this is the case I would get this over the M109R because I don't need an 1800. The price will be the roughly the same because of the extras on the 1500. The guess is in the $14,000 range.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Bike looks good but you would think after taking a 4 year break from sales in the US that they would put a little more re-design thought into it (besides the black out look). I notice the tank still has the lip weld on it and it appears the bags do not lock but I could be wrong there. I also wonder if Suzuki put the gas tank back where it should be or found another way to hold more gas than 3.5 gallons. The C90 is a great bike but it should not cost more than $12,000 MSRP IMO.

·
I took the All Bran Challenge
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Locking bags, appear to be water proof. Locking side panel for storage, 4.7 gals., M90 liquid cooled motor, 800lbs.
I went back and listened to the exhaust on new M90 and they were just as wimpy.
K&N Air Cleaner and an Auto Tuner plus break in of around 6,000 miles and the grin on your face would speak volumes!!!!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Good to hear the gas tank is bigger, one of the things my step-dad does not enjoy about his C90 is having to worry about running low and not near a gas station.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Well this is good news. I went on the Suzuki site and they're showing the M90 again. It appears they are coming back to the states. Really the nice thing about this is a guy my size doesn't need 1800 cc's when it cost over $3000 more for an extra 321 cc's. For those who know, is this worth the extra money?

·
Registered
126 Posts
After getting my 1600cc Hammer im realizing bigger is not always better. At first I was thinking "why not go with the 1900cc Yammy str raider", but after owning the 1600cc, I feel it's too much for daily use as is. So unless you are drag racing or needed to prove something to your buddies and didn't mind the hit on mpg, then you could justify it. But for regular cruising around town, there is absolutely no need for more than 1500cc. Of course, this is just my view.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I agree but it also depends on the size of the bike. My Victory Cross Roads has 1731cc's but it it also weighs over 800 pounds with gas and the extra's I have on it. The bike is definitely more powerful than my M50 but not crazy powerful. I am still averaging in the low to mid 40's on my new Vic as well so alot of it depends how the engine is tuned and how heavy your right hand gets. I think a 1500 is good size engine and if I knew Suzuki was going to bring back the M90 I would have seriously considered that over the Vic I just got.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
It's like anything else. When I bought my pickup I wanted a sunroof but they didn't offer them. The next year they did. I was accessorizing M109's to see what kind of money I might put into one and then the 90's come back. I didn't make a mistake when I got my M and I don't plan on making a mistake on the next bike. In fact many people who know bikes can't believe what I paid for it. The dealer told me way last year that the 90's were coming back but didn't know when. As time went on they were trying to get me to buy the 109. I'm OK with that except that's a lot of extra money for what? Then there's always that feature (sunroof) that you want that an older model may not have but you can't afford the new one. So you wait and then something else you want comes along on the new model. Reminds me of the TV industry. I'm going to ask them today when the 90's are hitting the floors.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The more I look at it, the more I'm loving this bike. Probably because the front fender and the gas tank have very similar lines to my black m50. And the specs are just what I need, with liquid cooling being one of the biggest pluses in my book! The only thing I don't see in the specs that I wish I saw is a 6spd transmission, which is something that would be nice, but isn't at all a deal breaker if the 5th gear is a real overdrive. As long as the bike is "Suzuki smooth" and looks like it does in the pictures, I'm going to have a hard time not test driving it...

I just hope it makes it to the US in this exact trim...

Specs here:

2013 Suzuki Intruder C1500T Touring Cruiser Motorcycle Launched

Neat video here:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I like the blacked out look, but I'll take my 109 over it any day.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Im typically not a big fan of blacked out, but somehow the way they did this bike seems just right to me.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Hey BlackM50 I'm surprised you are not a fan of blacked out.

The C1500t is hitting Australia in 2013, but with the recent bankruptcy of Suzuki America, USA might be waiting a while for this one...

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Our local dealer didn't even know about the 1500. They spoke of an upcoming meeting that they knew nothing about. It turned out to be about the bankruptcy. Being called an Intruder doesn't help here. Although the Boulevard badge wouldn't be hard to substitute. The M90 is coming back and the bankruptcy isn't supposed to effect the cycle end in the long run.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey BlackM50 I'm surprised you are not a fan of blacked out.
I like black + chrome (like my stock m50). Fully blacked out to me is a hard sell typically, but in some cases if it has just the right touches I do like it (like the c1500t)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I figured that they will not say much until it's ready to be sold here, if it will ever be. Oh well, there are many other great bikes out. Maybe I will try a sports tourer like an fjr1300 or concourse 14 in the mean time.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts