Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
It's official, we're getting it. It's called the C90T B.O.S.S. The M50's are back also. I can't budget the new bike yet. I figured we wouldn't get them till '14. I know if I like the ride, I'll figure out a way to get one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That is excellent news, i am going to hold out getting a bagger until i can test ride this one. I like the c90 boss name. Thats pretty awesome.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
This is the big hitter for the 2013 lineup. The M109R isn't listed. I just got a buyers guide. Apparently Suzuki doesn't want us to have too many choices. The reputation that it has though makes me think it's getting redesigned. I can't imagine they would give up the flagship. So the question is again, the bargain price 2012 M109R or the new 90's? If they would come back with the 109 all blacked out, that would be cool.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good info. I will definitely be one of the first clowns in line to test drive it, if the dealership lets me.... After owning a big 1600cc bike i have lost all interest for going bigger. I just dont like the heft of these bigger bikes and so i could care less about the 109. This c90t boss looks like the perfect fit for me. But i guess we shall see when i actually get to ride it.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The C90 weighs in at 800 pounds wet, that is 20 pounds heavier than my 106 ci Cross Roads and a whole heavier than your Hammer! I would check the specs if your deciding your purchase on weight.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thats a really good point, i hadnt checked the specs yet. As we all know, sometimes the weight isnt a big issue if the bike is designed well and it doesnt feel as heavy as it might be. Non the less, i didnt really realize this thing comes in at 800lbs. Lets hope the weigh is all in the "right " places, lol!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Well this is insane. I went on Suzuki's site again and the M109R is now listed for 2013. The guide was wrong saying it isn't offered next year. This makes more sense anyway.
I was checking the weights. The site was stuck in a loop so I looked on other sources. The M90 is listed as 723 and the 109 at 764 wet. If you're saying the new C90T weighs in at 800 that would be including the fact that it's a bagger with extras. Although it seems a bit high if the 109 without bags and windshield is 40 lbs less. Victory's site lists the Crossroads as 772 dry.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The crossroads you see on Victorys website is the CrossRoads Classic with all the extras. The 2010-2012 Crossroads weigh in at 740 dry and 780 wet. I still have my 2009 Suzuki book from when I bought my M50 and it has all the weights list in it. The C90t clocks in at 800 pounds with the M109 weighing less.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Well that explains why another member traded up to a 109 when his C90 wouldn't pull his trailer. The loop is over, yep 800 lbs. They should have improved that at least 30 lbs. I was wondering if the wet weight for your bike was 40 0r 50 lbs. Now I know, thanks for the info.

·
I took the All Bran Challenge
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Went to the Vancouver Motorcycle Show over the weekend.
There are 2 versions of the C90T. The Blacked out B.O.S.S. and a two toned one available in 2 diff. combos. The blacked out version was a little too much for me.
The stock version with chrome pipes was very tempting.
But my 05 C50SE is running better than ever!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Just went to zukis website but they are still not showing the different color c90's. I think the price is a little high and most jap dealerships don't come off MSRP by much. I don't know why Suzuki didn't redesign these bikes since it is their 50th anniversary and all. I guess a slow economy and slow bike sells is the biggest reason but painting chrome parts black is not really what you can call a new bike.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I went to the local dealer site and the showroom had all the new models listed. I went across town to see them and they had none on the floor and 2 new 109's in crates. They're remodeling the interior and then will get the new models in. I don't mind the black, but it should have been the M models, not the C's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Qualcuno di voi l'ha acquistata alla fine ? io ne sono possessore dal marzo 2017, era in concessionario che non era riuscita a venderla, appena arrivata in garage ci ho lavorato su 17 ore e con 3000, ho apportato le mie modifiche para-motore, aggiunta di altri 2 fari H4, con circuito parallelo e tasto per lo spegnimento del faro principale per non sovracaricare la batteria, schienalino e porta-pacchi e luci sotto motore e di sagoma per quando vado in strade poco illuminate.
sono un ex possessore di una intruder VL800, le differenze ci sono la C1500T pesa circa 50 kg in più ed è leggermente alta, di fatto è difficile spingerla a piedi all'indietro perchè i piedi non poggiano del tutto e sono alto 1,75, i consumi non sono così pessimi fa 20km/l in autostrada e 15-17 km/l in strada urbana. rispetto alla VL800 in movimento è molto più manegevole, il doppio disco anteriore assente si fa sentire nelle frenate, però il fatto che sia ad ignezione fa si che non si aspetti che si scaldi il motore e si può partire immediatamente, mentre la VL800 si doveva aspettare che si scaldasse, dato che era a carburatore , altrimenti vi era il pericolo che la moto si spegnesse e mi disarcionasse (già capitato diverse volte).
L'unica mia domanda pè se qualcuno di voi alla fine l'ha acquistata e se ha forato i finali delle marmitte per avere un sound più corposo, io ancora non ho deciso, ma così è troppo silenziosa.
So che i post risalgono al 2012, ma spero che qualcuno possa aiutarmi in questa decisione, un mio amico mi disse anche se ha la sonda lambda e fori solo il finale non succede nulla, ho ancora qualche dubbio.
Grazie

Moderators note:
English translation courtesy of Google. Looks like it did a pretty good job.

Did any of you buy it at the end? I've owned it since March 2017, it was in a dealer who could not sell it, as soon as I arrived in the garage I worked on 17 hours and with 3000, I made my para-engine modifications, adding 2 more H4 headlights, with circuit parallel and key to turn off the main headlight so as not to overload the battery, backrest and parcel holder and lights under the engine and in shape for when I go into poorly lit streets.
I'm a former owner of a VL800 intruder, the differences are the C1500T weighs about 50 kg more and is slightly high, in fact it is difficult to push it backwards because the feet do not rest completely and are 1.75 tall, consumption is not so bad, it is 20km / l on the highway and 15-17 km / l on the urban road. compared to the moving VL800 is much more manageable, the double front disc absent makes itself felt in the braking, but the fact that it is to ignore means that you do not expect to heat the engine and you can start immediately, while the VL800 was supposed to wait for it to heat up, since it was a carburettor, otherwise there was the danger that the bike will be switched off and unsaddled (already happened several times).
My only question if some of you eventually bought it and if it has drilled the finals of the mufflers to have a fuller sound, I still have not decided, but it is too quiet.
I know that the posts date back to 2012, but I hope someone can help me in this decision, a friend of mine told me even if it has the lambda probe and holes only the final nothing happens, I still have some doubts.
Thank you

21 - 35 of 35 Posts