Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie her..bigwheel53..Ok here we go.. I bought a 2" lowering kit for my bike..2018 Suzuki C50..Took everything of and got to the links. Took the two nuts off..The bike is on the ground and the bolts are tight..going nowhere. Put bike up on jack,still, bolts going nowhere.Took a punch and got the top one out 90% then it stopped. Looking at the shock adjustment and its on 5..Figured OK theres too much pressure from the shock. Tried to turn it down but I don't have a wrench for that so that failed. Now my bike is in the garage in pieces and absolutely useless and im stuck bigtime and I need HELP!!!! Ive read that guys have done this job in an hour or so..Ive been out there for 5!! and I still cant get it going..Waht am I doing wrong???..Thanks Guys..

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
You could try a couple of spring compressors...like the ones they use on cars to swap out the Mc Pherson struts. I woud think the shock will have to come out or be removed from the lower mount to relaese the tension. May be worth checking Youtube to see if someone has posted a tube on how to do it.

Good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey bigwheel53, I don't know that system but in suspension systems in general there's usually some preload in it somewhere. You'll have to get good information from somewhere about how to take the pressure off- safely- and be very careful. Something in there has enough spring force in it to hold up that bike, it can hurt you bad when it lets go. Wish I knew the answer, but I just had to speak up about the possible danger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts