Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front cylinder sounds like it's sucking air,kinda white maybe blue tint smoke coming from exhaust valve area,loss of up when throttle down ,Biggs down I guess..I messed w carb a little and now seems to be oil coming out pipe to front cylinder.. please if anyone can give me some insight,I'd be more than grateful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I figured,I found a head or cylinder on eBay for like 100 bucks, including valves,you think that a good idea,or how do I go about figure n out which of the two may be

·
Super Moderator
12,196 Posts
NO. Based on the limited knowledge that you have, I do NOT think it is a good idea for you to try and fix it without some on-site help from someone who already knows about engines.

While someone here might try and help through messages, I do not think that is a good idea either.
Community Colleges have courses in basic engine mechanics.

Unless you have time and money to waste, you need to learn about engines first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've worked on irrigation engine s for about 3 years tearing down, cleaning up and reassembling,really the only problem I have is with the timing ,before I pull off cylinder I need to be a top dead center? I'm a vet and a stay at home dad of three boys because of PTSD,and social anxiety,so I've got plenty of time,and limited skill but patience is number one I've learned when working on this project..if u like a pic of love to show u...
IMG_20190930_002337.jpg

·
Super Moderator
12,196 Posts
None of that really changes what I said in my last post.
You need to figure out how to test things and find out what the problem IS before tearing it all apart.
When it is laying out on the workbench in pieces, the problem may be hard to detect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts