Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's fuel on the plug so I know it's getting gas and I've cranked it over while the plug was out and I could see it sparking across the gap so it's getting spark. I've tried a spare coil and that didn't help. I've tried push starting too and it doesn't sound like it's even trying to start. Any ideas?

· Registered
887 Posts
Simple formula...Air+Fuel+Spark= Running bike.

Now if you have all 3 of the formula then you have to much of one of them.

Check you are not flooding the plug out with fuel? Check for a bad foat or a bad needle valve.
Check for a major air leak around the head and base gaskets and the intake manifold.
You have spark but is it enough spark?

Just some things to check out to get you going.

Good Luck and take your time.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have an exact number but compression is good, I just rebuilt the engine. It was running strong and then over the course of about 10 minutes it started to run weaker and weaker. I limped it to the garage, shut it off and after that it wouldn't start again.

· Registered
22 Posts
Check your float hight. Mine was starting real hard. Sometimes it was starting at all. I thought it was because it was to rich and I checked the hight with a pair of calipers and thought it was good. It was kind of akward measuring them that way so I went a got a small pocket ruler and found that the float level was to low so I readjusted the level and now the bike starts right up even though it still running a little rich.

· Registered
37 Posts
I'm helping UT with his bike...

I adjusted the float height last night. The bowl was full of gas when the carb was pulled off. I pulled the plug and I though it looked dry.

It's really boggling me.

FYI Compression is ~140ish, very good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.