Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 79 gs550l and the bike sounds like a quad lol quiet and ricey sound but its a cruiser i want a deeper tone. MAC makes an exhaust system $319.00 either a 4 into 1 header w/ single megaphone exhaust OR 4 into 2 w/ dual megaphone exhaust. my question is is there a way to make it sound BETTER w/o buying this exhaust system???
Thanks John

· Registered
635 Posts
can you unbolt the back end of the muffler that is on there or is it welded on?? If you can unbolt, try removing some of the baffeling, make sure to do it in small steps, to avoid making it too loud. have fun with it.

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The back end? well the whole mega phone comes off maybe i can get some that way but what about slip-ons? i seen a few but i wouldnt knwo if they would fit my bike any suggestions?
Thanks John

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some one said to drill out the baffles?? how would i do that? i think im Just going to wait till spring so i can buy the mac exhaust, the k&n's& and then i guess im going to have to jet it
Thanks for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.