It doesn't matter.
Wow.....I didn't realize that the problem goes back THAT far.By the way this is a common problem. The best way is to solder the wires.
Wow.....I didn't realize that the problem goes back THAT far.
Recent model Hondas continue to have that same problem.
The good news, as above, is that the fix is fairly easy.
The BAD news is that by the time the connector and contacts are burnt up really bad, the stator is gone too.
I'd suggest making a solid temporary connection first.....like with wire nuts maybe......and testing the charging voltage before soldering it all together and shrink-sleeving the connections.
Naw.....it's a great bike.(Honestly wondering about these 2006 Vulcan 900s if something was just not right in the design this first year. Maybe I should fix and sell....)