Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 katana 1100 which I bough the owner bought a new kerker header was for it but never re jetted the carbs. When going throughout I broke one o the jets Andy now includes replacing all of them. The carbs are the stock Mikuni carbs.

I’m asking if any of you guys have experience with this and what size jets You recomend I should use when re jetting with the kerker header.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
I wouldnt think different header pipes would make much difference unless they are of a larger bore. Technically a slight increase in fueling would be needed but you may be able to achieve a similar effect by either raising the needles or slipping a small thin washer undrneath them if they are not adjustable ones. I am assuming the engine is either running lean, has a flat spot. or is rough....if not leave them be. Bear in mind fiddling with the jets or moving the needles is likely to move any problem somewhere else in the rpm range.

·
Super Moderator
12,155 Posts
I wouldnt think different header pipes would make much difference unless they are of a larger bore..
Well......if one does not put back the original exhaust pipes and mufflers.......and leaves it with open headers only or short straight pipes, it might make a LOT of difference.
And might adversely affect the riders hearing too. :shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts