After months of normal riding, my 97 Marauder just refused to start one day. It turns over but won't fire either spark plug. I didn't have a decent multimeter much less a peak-hold meter, so I swapped out the ignitor with a used one, no change. I Checked the output of the signal generator (magnetic pick-up) and no 1.5 V, so I swapped it with a used one, again no change. I had already changed the plugs. So last time I was poking around with it, I noticed that the ignition magnet on the rotor seems to have very little magnetism. Not enough to hold a small box-end wrench, or even offer much resistance when pulling it off it's surface. I got a cheap peak-hold meter and checked the original signal generator that was originally on my bike. By waving a very strong fridge magnet close to the pick-up, I could generate a small voltage on the meter, but it wouldn't trigger on it to see what the max value is. Has anyone every run across issues with the ignition magnet on the rotor becoming too weak to result in a spark? How strong a magnetic flux should it have without checking it with specialized test equipment. For the record, all connections and fuses have been checked, other than the ignition switch and kill switch, there are no interlocks that should affect the output of the pick-up, and the battery is fully charged and healthy.