Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer I was doing property cleanup for someone and ended up receiving this bike in the process. The bike had set in a garage since the late 90 until then,and I have progressively bought parts for it. This Wednesday I got it running and have been riding it. Last month I changed the oil in it and experienced it not shifting into neutral until the next day (when I assumed the oil had settled?),in the last couple of days I have been experiencing the same thing except that it does go into neutral when the bike isn't running (and after it has set a few minutes). This is my first bike (first personal vehicle actually) so I'm at a loss. I'm not sure if this is suppose to happen or not,but a friend said that it's probably a dragging clutch plate. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
I would tend to agree...but as pre the oil change it ran fine I would be checking the type of oil put in and also how much. The other thing you can do is put it into 1st gear run the front wheel up against a wall and let the clutch out...if it stalls then it is working fine...if it doesnt it is slipping and if it wont go into gear it is binding.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.