Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to fix this bike as it’s my first one ever. The start button on the handle bars will not make anything turn over or click at all. I’ve cleaned the metal contacts In the starter button and Replaced the starter solenoid and still nothing. The only way the bike will turn over is by crossing the terminals on the solenoid. Any help?

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
WHS.... easy to check just pull the connector and jump the harness end with a paper clip. Do them one at a time so you can identify which is causing the problem if it is one of them. One other thing is the kill switch being in the on position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WHS.... easy to check just pull the connector and jump the harness end with a paper clip. Do them one at a time so you can identify which is causing the problem if it is one of them. One other thing is the kill switch being in the on position.
Did so and still nothing. It worked before then stopped working out of nowhere. Fuel pump also will not pump any fuel out.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
I would suggest the fuel pump is faulty or a fuse is blown somewhere. A wiring diagram and test meter is really what you need now. Trace the voltage you do have to where you don't and then work from there. It may be as simple as a corroded terminal or a battery that has insufficient voltage to run the starter via the harness...or a short somewhere.

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts