Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just wondering whether anyone could help me or if anyone has had the same trouble that i m having at the moment. I have my 600 for 2 weeks now, all of a sudden when i go to start it in the morning it will click over but not fire up. But if i push start it and get it warm i can then use the electric start. The previous owner had it in a shed, unridden, for about a year b4 i bought it. i put in a new battery and new plugs yesterday but no luck. I rang the previous owner and he said it could be the oil sensor in the engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same thing happens on my '97 model if it's cold in the morning, or was cold the night before. Usually, mine will actually start up for a few seconds, then cut off and never turn over again. I can try cranking till the battery almost runs out of charge, and nothing. But if I wait a few hours till it warms up outside and then try again, it'll usually start right up.

I'll be taking it to a mechanic sometime within the next week or so (for this among other problems), and so if I find out anything I'll be sure to let you know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine wouldn't start the other morning., well.. it did for a few seconds then died. Kept on trying but no joy, was late for work so had to go in on me old bandit. Came home about 10am, tried to start it, still no joy. I took the rear fairing off, then the seat, unbolted the fuel tank, lifted it up then noticed the air filter would have to be moved before getting to the spark plugs, so I thought I'll give it 1 last try... and it started :? don't know why still, maybe just needed a shake and a poke.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jukes said:
Mine wouldn't start the other morning., well.. it did for a few seconds then died. Kept on trying but no joy, was late for work so had to go in on me old bandit. Came home about 10am, tried to start it, still no joy. I took the rear fairing off, then the seat, unbolted the fuel tank, lifted it up then noticed the air filter would have to be moved before getting to the spark plugs, so I thought I'll give it 1 last try... and it started :? don't know why still, maybe just needed a shake and a poke.
Same thing happens with mine. It'll start for a few seconds, then dies, and can't be woken back up. If I leave it for a few hours afterwards, then come back later (when it's warmed up outside a bit), it'll usually start up fine. Haven't gotten it checked out yet, but once it warms up a bit (hopefully later this week) I will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts