Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched few posts and can't find any info on what would be causing intermittent hydraulic lock. Yes I have adjusted the decompression valves correctly, that was the first thing I checked. Find if I hold throttle wide open it will crank over. Pulled off air box and I'm not seeing any fuel leaking into the valves. Anyone had this issue before?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just for more info, it sat overnight and started no problems but after running for about 5 min I shut it off to get my gear on and went to start it again and this happened. Double checked decompression valves, charged battery, would fully crank over until I held throttle wide open

·
Super Moderator
13,035 Posts
This might be a simple case of 12 V system trouble.
A battery getting weak......or a corroded main cable connection.
What exactly makes you think it is a hydraulic lock condition ?
Failure of the engine to turn over is almost never caused by that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery is fully charged. Even with boost it won't fully crank over. Have to hold it wide open to clear the cylinders

·
Super Moderator
13,035 Posts
Battery is fully charged. Even with boost it won't fully crank over. Have to hold it wide open to clear the cylinders
"Clear" the cylinders of what, exactly ?
I think your guess here is wrong.

Just because your charger shows that the battery is fully charged does not necessarily mean that it is healthy.

Opening the throttle body plate will reduce the intake vacuum drag on the cylinders slightly.

I think the odds are overwhelming that your compression release isn't working right.
But that is just a guess.

There have been a few discussions on here about the compression release.
Several different models had that.
Have you searched for previous threads ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes as I stated in my original post the decompression valves were the first thing I checked. Going to check starter draw tonight, but as I said with a75 amp boost on it out still doesn't make a full crank rotation

·
Super Moderator
13,035 Posts
Just because you "checked" something doesn't necessarily mean that it is working right.
And since you aren't answering my questions.......I quit.
Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
13,035 Posts
No wonder stuff doesn't get solved on here.. poor attitude.
Looks like you are an expert on having a poor attitude.
Please come back and let us know what ends up fixing your problem.
It might be useful to others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts