Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 17 and I've been building my motorcycle over the course of 6 months and I'm in a pinch trying to get a brake and light check done but my brake light stopped working after i put it my new headlight. yes its LED, I've converted the entire bike to led even the flasher relay from tst industries I don't understand why it was working for 2 days and now the day before i go to do my check The brake light stops working. I've removed all the bulbs from the cluster since they're incandescent and draw too much power for the LED's to properly work. There are no Incandescent bulbs in the harness that should be causing this, If you guys have any information let me know I would love to hear it!

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
With a meter, this is not that hard.
Most likely you have a failed brake light switch OR a loose wire, ground maybe.

There is nothing wrong with mixing conventional bulbs with LEDs on a vehicle except for the turn signals.
Have you tried a different bulb in the brake light ? LEDs sometimes burn out too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With a meter, this is not that hard.
Most likely you have a failed brake light switch OR a loose wire, ground maybe.

There is nothing wrong with mixing conventional bulbs with LEDs on a vehicle except for the turn signals.
Have you tried a different bulb in the brake light ? LEDs sometimes burn out too.
The brake light is a panel of LED's and it seems that when i rev up the bike the stator provides enough current to then allow the light to work then it works fine untill next start

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
The brake light is a panel of LED's and it seems that when i rev up the bike the stator provides enough current to then allow the light to work then it works fine untill next start
If that really is the case, then your battery is REALLY weak.
I think it is more likely that there is a loose connection that closes up from the vibrations of rev'ing the engine.
LEDs in most uses take VERY little current to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts