Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No spark getting constant power to the coils on the big connector I guess that is the primary side and when it is hooked up both sides are hot i replaced the stater and pickup coil when I got the bike the key switch was missing and the sylinoid was off and wires were messed up I got a generic key switch and put the other stuff back on but still no fire to the coil . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you .ride rite.lol

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Check the coil wire and caps for tightness...especially where they connect at each end. Also check the plugs are actually firing, or not, outside the cylinders. If this bike has a signal generator this must be operational as it is the signal that interupts the voltage to the primary windings thus inducing a high tension voltage in the secondary windings and then a spark...as far as I understand it.

good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the stator and a coil pickup when I got the bike it didn't have it don't have a key ignition and the solenoid was messed up on it and the wires to it were cut and such so I put another solenoid on bypass the relay for the starter because it was no good and last night I checked and iam getting 14 +volts to the key switch and someone said that it must be the voltage regulator because I shouldn't be getting that there that the voltage regulator we should only be getting 12 volts to the key but would that stop it from sparking.
Thank you for your reply and your help.

·
Super Moderator
13,035 Posts
I checked and iam getting 14 +volts to the key switch
IF......that was without the engine running and without a charger connected......then you need a new meter.
Or you need to switch it over to DC voltage measurement.

The voltage regulator ONLY comes into play when the engine is running and the alternator is charging.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced the stator and a coil pickup when I got the bike it didn't have it don't have a key ignition and the solenoid was messed up on it and the wires to it were cut and such so I put another solenoid on bypass the relay for the starter because it was no good and last night I checked and iam getting 14 +volts to the key switch and someone said that it must be the voltage regulator because I shouldn't be getting that there that the voltage regulator we should only be getting 12 volts to the key but would that stop it from sparking.
Thank you for your reply and your help.
Hey so my bike is crank and all the lights are on but for a litttle while everything become dim do I need a new stator

·
Super Moderator
13,035 Posts
Hey so my bike is crank and all the lights are on but for a litttle while everything become dim do I need a new stator
A little better explanation is needed.
And a voltmeter too.

You should not be changing parts based only on a guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts