Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned in another thread the rear header broke on my '06 Street Bob. The replacement part was on indefinite back order so I looked to EBay for a used one. The Front muffler also needed replacement since the baffle broke loose and rattled some so I looked for the whole exhaust system. I found a system from an '08 only short the heat shields at a good price. I checked with my mechanic for fit and function and after receiving his go ahead bought it. I spent the last three days struggling to mount the "new" system to my bike. There are little differences and slightly different alignments that make it a real challenge to install. I managed to finish it today just to find my old heat shields don't quite match the new pipes. Creative mounting will solve the problem I hope. I will see in the morning before I take it out for a spin. By the way the new stock pipes sound better than the old ones. A little more throaty and a tad more volume but still well with in this old mans noise limits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts