Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm driving my car on my way to work, when this kid decides that I am moving a little to slow for his liking. He proceeds to cut right in front of me on what looked to be a brand spanking new 1000GSXR. To show his obvious discontent he proceeds to set the front end of his GSXR straight up in the air at 70mph and takes off. we both exit at the next exit off the hywy, and I watch in humorous disbelief as he attempts to pull a stoppie. I guess he was going a little faster than he thought because he flips himself off the bike and onto the guys trunk in front of him. His bike is now on the ground and I get out of my car to make sure he is ok. With bruised ego in hand and an irrate car driver grilling him out, he just looks down and sighs and says..."sorry." I just smile and look at his brand new spotless gsxr laying with shattered ferrings on the ground. I didn't feel it necessary to give any advice. He looked as though he gave himself all the advice he needed. I'm sure the police will fill in the rest.:police:

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
LOL. I think I've seen that video. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there's a video? lol

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Aren't they all the same?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
So, I'm driving my car on my way to work, when this kid decides that I am moving a little to slow for his liking. He proceeds to cut right in front of me on what looked to be a brand spanking new 1000GSXR. To show his obvious discontent he proceeds to set the front end of his GSXR straight up in the air at 70mph and takes off. we both exit at the next exit off the hywy, and I watch in humorous disbelief as he attempts to pull a stoppie. I guess he was going a little faster than he thought because he flips himself off the bike and onto the guys trunk in front of him. His bike is now on the ground and I get out of my car to make sure he is ok. With bruised ego in hand and an irrate car driver grilling him out, he just looks down and sighs and says..."sorry." I just smile and look at his brand new spotless gsxr laying with shattered ferrings on the ground. I didn't feel it necessary to give any advice. He looked as though he gave himself all the advice he needed. I'm sure the police will fill in the rest.:police:
For the record, it's "fairing" not "ferring."

Yes, I see idiots like that all the time. If I were in your position, I would have got out of the car, take some pics with my phone and just laughed so hard right in front of him to the point where my stomach hurts. And then flip him the bird and say "it's buttheads like you who give the rest of us sportbikers a bad rap."

·
Registered
608 Posts
The only thing that really sucks though, is who ever saw it might go away from that with the anti-front brake mind set. When I was an MSF instructor, it wasn't too hard to tell people that they wouldn't automatically go over the bars if they used their front brakes{properly}. With today's sport bikes, it's easy as hell,,,, if you are trying to get the back end off the ground, but somebody watching who doesn't ride, won't know that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Karmaz a %%%%% ehh

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
gotta love idiots like that

·
Registered
118 Posts
Squids will be squids. It doesn't help any of us when non-riders see them acting stupit. Sometimes they learn from their mistakes and become assets to the motorcycle community. Sometimes they just don't get it and they (and others) suffer greatly.

I feel sorry for the bike, not the squid. Hopefully this squid will become an asset to motorcycling and not a debit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im just glad he didn't have a girlfriend on board

·
Banned
118 Posts
Squids will be squids. It doesn't help any of us when non-riders see them acting stupit. Sometimes they learn from their mistakes and become assets to the motorcycle community. Sometimes they just don't get it and they (and others) suffer greatly.

I feel sorry for the bike, not the squid. Hopefully this squid will become an asset to motorcycling and not a debit.

... if you're debiting an asset.. you're increasing it... technically should be credit.

i get waht you're saying, I'm just being technical (i am an accountant)

·
Registered
118 Posts
... if you're debiting an asset.. you're increasing it... technically should be credit.

i get waht you're saying, I'm just being technical (i am an accountant)
Debiting something is taking something away. In this case the squid's actions can cause non-riders to think badly about all of us. That's a debit in my book. :p

It's all good. Ride safe!

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,185 Posts
Im just glad he didn't have a girlfriend on board
To be honest, it's a lot harder to "stoppie" when you've got a passenger, since the center of gravity is further back ... :twisted:

·
Banned
118 Posts
Debiting something is taking something away. In this case the squid's actions can cause non-riders to think badly about all of us. That's a debit in my book. :p

It's all good. Ride safe!
Yeah I knew what you meant, but in accounting when debiting and asset, you're increasing the asset.. i knew what you meant, was just being technical.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
symantics people, and a little off the point lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts