Motorcycle Forum banner

Adjust brake pedal angle.

7K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  vagabond35 
#1 ·
Just got 2012 Vegas 8 Ball and before I look at forward foot controls thought I'd try adjusting the pedal angles. Shifter's simple, but the brake pedal is proving to be a pain. Removed the clevis pin but there wasn't enough room to screw it down. The boot below prevents any turning. How about some help here?

#2 · (Edited)
There is no adjustment on the brake for the position of the foot pedal. The only adjustment is for free play- you turn that push rod you took the clevis pin out of to make it shorter. so that you have a little bit of free travel in the pedal before it starts to actuate the master cylinder. If yours does not turn, then it is probably all the way shortened, and you can turn it the other way as your pads wear out. Adjusting it the other way too much will remove free play and make the rear brake drag, but it will not change the height of the pedal, because the return spring holds it all the way against the stop, and you can not move the stop. This is a common complaint with Harley Electra Glide models also, so the aftermarket makes extended brake pedals that move the pad further out and further up- I put one on my E-glide and love it. Cyclesolutions sells a different pedal for your bike for about $200, but I believe it only has a larger pedal pad so it is easier to find with your foot, and it does not change the position of the pad relative to the foot peg. Maybe the aftermarket will provide one once enough of these bikes have been sold, but for now forwards seem to be your only options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.