Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Hope you all love your bike as much as me. Just got a Stratoliner midnight and was wondering if anyone knew a site I could go to and see how to adjust the heel portion of the shifter down a little. Also, does anyone know if they make risers for the midnight yet? I rolled the bars down a bit and it helps but a pair of risers would definately put me where I want to be. Ride safe!

·
Registered
44 Posts
snowboardermidnight said:
Hey everyone. Hope you all love your bike as much as me. Just got a Stratoliner midnight and was wondering if anyone knew a site I could go to and see how to adjust the heel portion of the shifter down a little. Also, does anyone know if they make risers for the midnight yet? I rolled the bars down a bit and it helps but a pair of risers would definately put me where I want to be. Ride safe!
Heel toe are two units and are on splines. Pull them off and see for yourself and then let us know. Maybe i'll do that when I get home, I like tinkering on the bike.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Right, just take the set screw out and the whole toe/heel shifter will come off the spline. Make sure you take notice of the position of the toe portion on the spline for placing it back on. Once the shifter is off, remove the set screw for the heel portion and slide it off and reposition it up or down to where it's comfortable for you.

If you end up changing the toe shifter to the chromed unit, you will have to press the spline out of the old shifter. Make sure you pull the clip out first though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the set screw out and slid the whole heel toe assembly back but it runs into (forgive me for my cycle ignorance here) the lower engine housing. Do I have to take the shift linkage off as well or am I missing something? Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Remove the set screw right behind the toe shifter and then the hole assembly will come off the spline going away from the engine. The set screw is behind the toe shifter and you get to hit from underneath.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I the heal shifter is junk. You can't sit on the seat and raise your heal off the boards and shift. The angle is wrong for your legs. Unless your 6'10". I trashed it and just toe shift.

Willie

·
Registered
81 Posts
Now that I put on the chrome toe shifter that moves the heel shifter back and changed the adjustment I have no problem using the heel shifter. I have to admit that I didn't like the set up until I made the changes though.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Interesting post fella's. Got my attention since I installed the heel toe shifter on my M50 earlier in the week. I had some fine tuning to adjust on mine as well. However I simply had to losen both linkage nuts and give a few twists of the linkage rod. This pivoted the heel portion to the desired location, then simply tighten the nuts again. Obviously the Yammies are configured differently. Hope all works out in the end. :bluethum:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I removed my heel shifter as well. Really don't like the look of the screw sticking out where my heel shifter should be though. Anybody know a solution for this?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Shift

The roadliner/stratoliner has the correct ergonomics for 6'2" americans with 34" inseams ! :fight1:

I'm 5'7" with a 27" inseam. :roll:
I had to dump the heel shifter so I'd have a place to put my FOOT ! :shock:

JJ

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I also trashed the heel shifter on the V-star. It's in the way big time. But it had an integral heel / toe shifter. A quick trip down to the shop for the hot saw and it was history.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I put a billet shifter on my bike and re-used the heel portion of the shifter.

Adjustment of both is fairly easy; Remove the entire shifter (the heel part comes off the back of the assembly) Move the heel piece down a couple teeth on the splineshaft and put it all back together.

I moved mine down about 2-3 teeth and that's perfect for me.(When I upshift the heel shifter stops about 1\4 inch from the floorboard.)

*If you're going to replace the stock shifter you'll need to press out & re-use the spline shaft for the heel shifter.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Inseam

I put a billet shifter on my bike and re-used the heel portion of the shifter.

Adjustment of both is fairly easy; Remove the entire shifter (the heel part comes off the back of the assembly) Move the heel piece down a couple teeth on the splineshaft and put it all back together.

I moved mine down about 2-3 teeth and that's perfect for me.(When I upshift the heel shifter stops about 1\4 inch from the floorboard.)

*If you're going to replace the stock shifter you'll need to press out & re-use the spline shaft for the heel shifter.
What's your inseam ?

JJ

·
Registered
385 Posts
Fit

They must think all americans are your dimensions. ;)
A stock strat doesn't fit me at all.
With risers and a different seat I'm doin' good.
It's a pretty nice ride. :cool:Tires are a problem though. :-(

JJ

1 - 20 of 48 Posts