Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

After a long absence from riding I am now a proud owner of a beautiful "new to me" C90T. I love doing my own maintenance and have so far done a full oil change, clutch master cylinder flush and am now going to change the air filter. I was planning on going with the K&N SU-1598 High Performance Replacement filter but read a post about it not being thorough enough in stopping small particles from getting through. Does anyone have any experience with the filter, good or bad, and in general what are your thoughts on going non-OEM.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,155 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the filter, good or bad, and in general what are your thoughts on going non-OEM.
The engine was designed to run with the stock filter. Changing that to something with less air flow restriction will likely make it run lean.

I-4 engines will benefit some way up near the redline; V-twins often run worse without extra tweeking.

Summary: if you think that you will actually gain anything by changing ONLY the air fitler, then you have been fooled by marketing hype......because you won't.

Oh yes, and poorer fine particle filtering too......but most owners won't run their engines long enough to ever have that be a problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts