Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here.
A few days ago, I found out my rear tire had less air pressure.
When I checked it, it was almost 0 pressure.
I filled the air and it looked ok until today.
It looks less air again. I looked up whole tire for nail puncture.
There was no nail puncture. I sprayed glass cleaner to the tire surface and see whether there is air leak.
I found nothing.
Rim was so dirty. I intended to clean the rim since I has glass cleaner spray.
That time I found that air was leaking from valve stem and spoke stems near by valve stem.
I took a short video but I don't know how to upload it here.

Is there anyone happened to have similar problem like this?
If so, how did you fix it?
Thank you.

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
You will probably find the innertube has a leak and the air is escaping from the spokes simply because they are not sealed. You will have to remove the tyre to check the tube....it may also be leaking from the valve stem due to low pressure resulting in the tube slipping round the wheel and tearing the valve stem from it.

Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are two main possibilities that i can think of. The first is a tube leak if they are tubed tires. The second is less common, but i have seen these on some dirt/adv bikes, and this done as a modification on some cruisers. Some spoked wheels are made or adapted For tubeless tires by gluing a rubber strap/sheet over the spoke ends around the rim of the wheel, allowing the use of a tubeless tire. If this is coming loose, you'll get leaks from around the spokes in those areas.

·
Super Moderator
12,780 Posts
Might have damaged the rim from hitting something like a curb or pothole.
Even if it did not require a tube when new, it DOES now.

And if it always did require a tube, it now needs a new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts