Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after few days of driving, I decided to ride to work today......but almost had an accident on the way......here's how it happened.....

I was approaching a green light just changed from red and there were few cars waiting there........

I "assumed" cars in front of me would start moving before I got there, so I was't slow down AND I was thinking something else.........

So, as you can imagine, I almost hit a car's rear. I braked (luckily, I didn't lock the front) and turned into space between two cars.........

I was shocked........and felt lucky there's nothing happened........
so, I learned a lesson which is my common mistakes.........don't ride and have my mind on something else at the same time......... :cry:

· Happy-ass Lunatic
11,456 Posts
Keep yer head in the game!!!

Good show, not crashing.

I did sort of the same thing yesterday on my way home from work. I was approaching a busy intersection (I-40 on/off ramp) with another intersection right after it. As I was trying to get through the first one unharmed, I didn't notice the stopped traffic at the next one :( . I stopped on time, but I almost shat my pants doing so!!

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:shock: yes, another one just happened on the way home....

I was crossing an intersection and a white Celica on my right hand side was turning into my lane, too!!

so....I flashed her.....(yes, but don't ask why not use horn :? ) then swerved again........and I kicked the hood :twisted: (ok, that one just joking)

so, safely got home, end an exciting day

· Registered
1,933 Posts
Yeah I almost get into one every day I ride. Orlando drivers suck ass like you've never seen before. So a daily pucker keeps the morning or evening ride more exciting.

· Premium Member
14,233 Posts
chauan said:
leave girl driver away?? :twisted:
:wwpics:

chauan said:
well.....maybe i'll put a sign on my back says "I'm here, do not hit me"
It worked for BMW Williams last year - after being rear-ended in 2 or 3 races in a row, they changed the message on the rear-wing of their car to "BACK OFF". I guess it worked - they wern't rear-ended again.

· Registered
15 Posts
Free Your Mind - And the Rest Will Follow

I'm going to be riding my Suzuki SV650 with a man who's been riding for 25 years. He told me that sometimes he leaves his house on his motorcycle, gets to the corner, and has to come right back because he knows his attention isn't fully on riding.

SO IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Distracted...DON'T RIDE!!!!!

BE SAFE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.