21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
My JD3032 is better than Jim's tractor. :fight1:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I was kinda hoping that somebody knew the answer to the original question; which was where do HD parts come from? As far as the Chevy VS Toyota, I have a 2000 Toyota pickup with 215000 miles and it has never had a problem and doesn't use a drop of oil. Kinda neat.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I was kinda hoping that somebody knew the answer to the original question; which was where do HD parts come from? As far as the Chevy VS Toyota, I have a 2000 Toyota pickup with 215000 miles and it has never had a problem and doesn't use a drop of oil. Kinda neat.
Call HD. I am sure they would be willing to give you their exhaustive list of manufacturers and vendors.

If it is a bolt manufactured in the USA using Canadian or Japanese steel is it still considered made in the USA?? What about the machines to manufacture said parts? I bet if you toured an HD plant you would see Mazak, Wotan, Lagun, SHW, Matsurua, Tur, Marwin, Clausing, blah, blah, blah. What about the tooling? Most made in Germany, Japan, India, Brazil. Controls? Germany, France, Japan, etc... Is the paint and all of its contents from US soil?

I really don't think there is anything that is purely manufactured in the US. IMO to do this all materials, machine tools, tooling and controls would also have to be manuf. in the USA. Virtually impossible.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Call HD. I am sure they would be willing to give you their exhaustive list of manufacturers and vendors.

If it is a bolt manufactured in the USA using Canadian or Japanese steel is it still considered made in the USA?? What about the machines to manufacture said parts? I bet if you toured an HD plant you would see Mazak, Wotan, Lagun, SHW, Matsurua, Tur, Marwin, Clausing, blah, blah, blah. What about the tooling? Most made in Germany, Japan, India, Brazil. Controls? Germany, France, Japan, etc... Is the paint and all of its contents from US soil?

I really don't think there is anything that is purely manufactured in the US. IMO to do this all materials, machine tools, tooling and controls would also have to be manuf. in the USA. Virtually impossible.
I wholeheartedly agree.
Hell, most of the big 3 car manufacturers are having their compact cars made by Japanese Manufacturers.

Dodge Caravan engines are or were Mitsu engines.
Chevy Sprint, Samurai, etc = Suzuki
Ford Fusion - Mitsubushi engine.

Amazing how much more you can charge when you slap the old bow-tie on the grill.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts

Vinnie there is some drunk guy somewhere sitting in front of his cumpooter cussin you and tellin the screen he knows damn well that everything on a HD is made in America

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
should I even mention OCC?

their motors are made in KOREA.

and they still charge 90k / bike.

which reminds me, what happened to Vinnie from OCC?

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
it will pretty much be made by Mittal steel in the end anyway.

currently, I believe Mittal has operations on at least 4 continents and is the largest producer of steel by volume in the world.

My bad, just dug into wikipedia - only 10% of world steel production.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
thank you guys from the last few listings......that was my point. i KNOW my bike will keep up (besides the point) but why push the hd thing when there really isn't anything to push but higher upkeep with a hd......reliability and cost makes it stupid to buy hd. why pay 25k when for the same bells and whistles i can get same or better for 15k?. im all american but %%%%........don't get stupid about it. if you want to give away 10k, give it to a shelter or some kind of home and get just as nice of a bike or to your local union. i know from riding the c109 that i get all kinds of nods from riders and i nod back quietly thinking hopefully hd will catch up to the cost/cometoyourdamnsense ratio that the "jap bikes do. (buy the way i make about 120k/yr so if i chose to i would ump over but seems stupid)

i like the hd looks and sound but..........just as happy with my suzuki and cobras........more so maybe. don't take offense, just please explain yourself....why? thanks guys

·
Registered
13 Posts
ive got a better idea

lets all measure our penis's (didnt want to get banned for using the word c#!k's) and post there measurements
im sure it will produce a more balanced thread :lol4:

And yeah coming from the Land Of Oz i agree there all made by a bunch of foreigners.

·
Registered
66 Posts
my brother has a 1982 harley and my nephew has an 2008 harley. i have the 2007 c90 t and brotherin,law has kawasaki we ride together and get to the same place at the same time . it is amazing we park them side by side and they dont fight at all. even though my c90 is better cuz im paying for it.............

21 - 40 of 40 Posts