Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!
After 20 years of not running I started to rebuild my old bike, the carbs was of the bike and all hoses to, so I have a bit of trouble finding where the carbs, aircleaner and engine top cover hoses should go. Including pics bellow and hoping someone can help me on this step.

The hoses marked in red & green on this picture:

red (vacuum hose), on my bike:

Where should it be connected? to the fuel tank? and is it important for a test run of the engine?, was thinking of a temporary fuel
container that goes directly to the carb fuel pipe joint so I don't have to fix the original tank right away.

Next, the breather hose (green) on my bike:

Where should it go?

Next engine top cover hose:

Does that one connect to air cleaner box (picture below, or somewhere else?)

-------

A lot of questions, I know ;), but will appreciate if anyone have some ideas or a bike like mine that can check.

My next step will be the electrical system, but that's for later ;)

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
The vacuum hose will go to the rear of the fuel valve and the breather line just goes to the atmosphere....usually it loops over the rear down tube and comes out just in front of the swing arm pivot point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vacuum hose will go to the rear of the fuel valve and the breather line just goes to the atmosphere....usually it loops over the rear down tube and comes out just in front of the swing arm pivot point.
Hi Steve!

Thanks for the answer, it really helps.

So I will connect to this:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts