Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I jumped in on this a little too late, why are all these forums so dead?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,184 Posts
Members are out riding instead of surfing the web ??

I like to think: Quality over quantity.

Just jabbering about "stuff" in general can be done in a LOT of other places.

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,182 Posts
Steve, the correct quote is "Video killed the radio star" - known from the video from The Buggles -- the first music video broadcast by M-TV when they started at midnight on 1 August 1981.

But yeah, it has gotten pretty quiet around here...

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Yeah the old memory isnt as....er something!

All the forums I am on are very quiet...very few rides posted...any that are usually have little to no interest and end up being canned.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
I remember when I first joined this forum it had a huge number of users and banter all the time...its a very similar case on most of the other forums I frequent. Farcebook served one purpose only for me...that was to try and track down some childhood friends from the UK...one so far!

I find Fartbook to be an unusual media with strangers trying be friends for no apparent reason other than maybe being able to say they have in excess of 250 friends throughout the world???

·
Registered
105 Posts
Generally I agree with you, most Facebook users are just people with to much time on their hands reading a bunch of crap, with very little of it being true. Also if there were that many people worth reconnecting with, you would pick up the phone to most of them. Just say'n..

That said, I am old and the young see it differently and Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc are their way.

I have had some uses for it though. I setup a closed group for our Can AM Commander forum and it was a great way to share pictures of rides and stuff, rather than boog down the forum. But we keep it to pictures and run stories only.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Looks like I jumped in on this a little too late, why are all these forums so dead?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forums, in general, are fading away, there are too many now and not enough rider to go around. There are a couple of forums that are pretty good sized and do not seem to be affected like this place is being affected.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If a forum or major contributor is what a forum is based around it was destined for failure from the start, and who was this person? I can venture a guess and also what made them leave...
I know what you're thinking, but in this case you're wrong. Wasn't a member here at the time, but I believe that Easy Rider is referrring to Dr. Bob (R.I.P.). Never "met" Dr. Bob via the forums but his reputation preceded him. Well reknowned and highly respected, some might even say "Suzuki Guru".

·
Registered
98 Posts
Your thought is appreciated, ER, but I have no issue with Aussie Steve's comment. Funny how the mind works......from just a snippet, shades of "Dirty Harry" were culled from the ol' memory banks...........hehehe.........

·
Registered
98 Posts
I thought you were getting after Steve for funning with my comment and I just wanted to assure you that you needn't do anything on my account is all.

Can see now that your exception is regarding a perceived slight to Dr. Bob. Different situation and I'll step back. Carry on.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
I don't think those comments are funny or cute or appropriate in any way.
If you don't edit it, I WILL delete it completely.
Do as you wish Ken you usually do, although as moderator your personal views shouldnt take precedence and it was in no way directed at Dr Bob...you sometimes seem to think this forum belongs to you alone

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.