Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dealer offering me a great deal but he needs time to assemble? My bs detector is going off but maybe I’m wrong?

·
Super Moderator
12,831 Posts
Yes, I think you are wrong.
Some assembly is required.
And maybe even more important is the pre-sale service check list.

Then.....if it isn't assembled NOW that means you can't test ride it now.
That isn't good. I have NEVER bought anything that I couldn't test drive/ride first.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Bikes come into Au with the front end removed and set on the side of the rest of the machine in a crate. Also there will be no fluids or a filled battery.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Depending on the manufacturer and bike it can need anything from just the handlebars mounted all the way to wheels, tank, exhaust, etc... plus all the fluids. Before they expanded, the suzuki dealer closest to me used to keep non-sales floor bikes in the crates, until they needed another for the floor or someone wanted a color/option that was still in the crate.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a dealer offering me a great deal but he needs time to assemble? My bs detector is going off but maybe I’m wrong?
You are wrong. Bikes are shipped in crates. I bought a GSXR-750 years back and I got mine right off the truck. My salesman took me into the dealer warehouse and showed my the crate my bike was in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts