Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about both of these. Just want opinions on both. I'm confident overall quality of both will be great, but I want opinions on handling, riding, etc......

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
I think it's just going to come down to personal preference. The B-king should handle better but the V-Max is a much improved handler over it's predecesor

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Before buying my Vmax, I heard all kinds of horror stories with regard to the handling of this bike. Having taken one for a test drive before I bought, I was pleasantly surprised. I've ridden other cruisers that were horrible in the corners, and based on rumors, expected much of the same with the Vmax. Not so.
I also didn't expect it to handle like a litre bike. But as far as power cruisers go, I love the ride and feel of the Vmax as much today as the day I bought it.
I own the 1st generation vmax, the old version if you will. I've read many reports of the gen 2 max and all the improvements, and it is an impressive machine to say the least. However, many still prefer the raw power and set up of gen 1.
Preference IS a big consideration. I personally like the look and styling of the Max over the BKing.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before buying my Vmax, I heard all kinds of horror stories with regard to the handling of this bike. Having taken one for a test drive before I bought, I was pleasantly surprised. I've ridden other cruisers that were horrible in the corners, and based on rumors, expected much of the same with the Vmax. Not so.
I also didn't expect it to handle like a litre bike. But as far as power cruisers go, I love the ride and feel of the Vmax as much today as the day I bought it.
I own the 1st generation vmax, the old version if you will. I've read many reports of the gen 2 max and all the improvements, and it is an impressive machine to say the least. However, many still prefer the raw power and set up of gen 1.
Preference IS a big consideration. I personally like the look and styling of the Max over the BKing.
I like the looks of both equally, but lets face it B-King is stupid name. Almost as bad as the Harley's V-Rod "Muscle".
Someone asks you what you ride: "I ride a muscle". We can go to a thousand one liners with this one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I dont know if your taking price into consideration but brand new leftover 2008 B-kings are going for as low as $8k out the door brand new! You could get two brand new B-kings and have change left over from the money you would be spending on a V-max. Used B-kings with aftermarket pipes already fitted and low miles go for only $6-7k

Bang for the buck the B-king can't be beat. I've never ridden the V-max so I can't compare but I do love my B-king, it's a rocket ship with the looks to match lol.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know if your taking price into consideration but brand new leftover 2008 B-kings are going for as low as $8k out the door brand new! You could get two brand new B-kings and have change left over from the money you would be spending on a V-max. Used B-kings with aftermarket pipes already fitted and low miles go for only $6-7k

Bang for the buck the B-king can't be beat. I've never ridden the V-max so I can't compare but I do love my B-king, it's a rocket ship with the looks to match lol.
I've been seeing some leftover bkings myself. I'm only 5feet 7, so I need to sit on one to see. I know a vmax is lower though. And I dont' need a brand new vmax, I'd settle for a 2000 year model

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
I'd take a B-King over a 2000 Vmax every day of the week.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'd take a B-King over a 2000 Vmax every day of the week.

Yeah a 2000 model year Vmax isnt even in the same category as the King. The B-King beat out the 08 Vmax which has 200hp to the Kings 181.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yeah a 2000 model year Vmax isnt even in the same category as the King. The B-King beat out the 08 Vmax which has 200hp to the Kings 181.
Hard to compare....Vmax is more torque (v4) and the the King is a high revving busa engine. Depends what you want. I love the feel of torque. Some prefer the high revving 2 stroke feel. Vmax will hold its value better i think. I like that the vmax doesnt feel as wide either although it looks like the bking may handle better overall.

·
Registered
250 Posts
your def right on value. The B-king has terrible resale value, I bought mine brand new for 9k out the door brand new in January of this year. Its a 13k bike MSRP and I have been seeing them go used with super low miles for like 6-7k

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thinking about both of these. Just want opinions on both. I'm confident overall quality of both will be great, but I want opinions on handling, riding, etc......
Last year I bought a 2010 VMax and a 2008 B-King. Both are great bikes but I decided to sell the VMax. I prefer the 6 speed gearbox of the B-King and the manoeuvrability is also a little bit better on the B-King. It's just my two cents.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts