Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 369 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your top 5 faves and why.

1. Dunkles Hefeweizen - reminds me of youth and all the beer I drank in Germany at the tender age of 16 - plus it tastes KILLER! Not as easy to find in the states as other imports.

2. Hefeweizen - Yeah, great taste and kinda sweet. I like MOST varieties of it, US micro-brews included. A major US beer company mass marketed some Hefe recently, but it SUCKED. Can't remember who . . . want to say Anheuser Busch . . .

3. Coors Light - HEY! I grew up in Denver. That is "Mother's milk" to me. I remember in college, we could get a keg of that stuff for $22. 15.5 Gallon keg, not the "pony" variety. I have drank more of this beer than any other.

4. Amstel Light - Great tasting light beer! I still drink it - when I feel like splurging a bit.

5. Guinness - What can I say, used to be a staple after some crazy-*** sport riding. Still drink it regularly. "I like to eat my beer with a fork." Stouts in general are always good for me in the winter months.

- Nut

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
1. Dos Equis. Used to buy it in Sav. for $9.10 a 12pk. Moved to TN where it was $7 for six. Yikes. It's gotta nice sweet full flavor. Doesn't mix well w/ other brews though. If you start with XX you gotta stay with it.

2. Mill Bakery, Eatery, & Brewery's River Street Red. This was a joint in Sav. that brewed there own, and one of the few homebrews that I liked. Just a tiny bit of a bitter aftertaste that went well with a huge pile of Nachos.

3. Rolling Rock. Hey it's from the glass lined tanks of old Latrobe. Nice crisp flavor that also doesn't mix well w/ other brews, but hey a bucket of Rocks is all you need.

4. Castlemaine. Nice smooth Aussie brew. Also has a bit of a sweet flavor. I reckon when it comes to Beer, I like em sweet.

5. Bud Light. Pretty generic by some standards, but for me, it works well for all purposes, whether monitoring the grill, cutting the grass, or channel surfing.

·
Premium Member
14,185 Posts
1. Ueli Bier - A microbrewery in Basel, Switzerland

2. Kantine Pils - A microbrewery in Lörrach, Germany

3. Hefeweizen - Unbeatable in Summer in a Biergarten with Brezeln and friends

4. Guiness - Just plain cult

5. Tetleys Lager - When I'm in a London pub ... :cheers:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Do tetleys do a lager? Or do you mean tetleys bitter.

1. Stella artois - reassuringly expensive but gets you drunk as a skunk after 5 or 6 which is better than any session lager.

2. Kronenbourg 1664 - a close second, slightly more refreshing.

3. Paulahner - german genius

4. Bombardier - nice slow supping pint of bitter when the lagers just won't do.

5. Guinness - stomach setller for the morning after.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
1- Grolsch - something about Holland and beer
2- Stella Artois - Nice blonde
3- Kilkenny - Smoother than a Guiness, the best cream ale for my tastebuds.
4- La Maudite - Microbrewery that started in Quebec. This one is 8% alcohol
5- Labatt Blue - The beer of every good Quebecer. A good everyday pilsener.

·
Happy-ass Lunatic
11,409 Posts
1 - Icehouse: First and foremost, I'm a drunk. I'm not a beer connoisseur, I'm an alcoholic. Taste is secondary, alcohol content per dollar spent is of paramount importance.

2 - Dos Equis: I'll take either one. They both get me drunk.

3 - MGD: Decent taste, good price.

4 - Budweiser: I can drink it.

5 - Busch: See reasoning behind Icehouse.

For all the insecure, pinky-tipping beer sissies that'll say, "American beer ain't really beer," I say, "Bite me." I'm drunker'n you, and I've still got gas money.

:p

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Good one, Landry.

I fear no beer!!!!!!

But, I enjoy:

1.) Coors Light - Fairly cheap and gets me drunk without the morning after effects (it's my all purpose brew)

2.) Sol - Gotta have this one at a Mexican restaraunt (a million times better than Corona)

3.) Yeungling - Hey, it's America's oldest brewery, you can't go wrong

4.) Guiness - I love that thick stout when it's cold outside

5.) Whatever's on special that night - when I need to get drunk at the bar/club

·
Registered
100 Posts
What I usually buy a case of for home-
1. Labatt's
2. Coors Light
3. Bud Light

When Im out-
1. Killians Irish Red- hey I'm Irish
2. Molson- not really my fav but its what the local bar serves during happy hour for $1 a bottle, plus they have those labels that can be pretty funny

·
Premium Member
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UUGH, Corona is overpriced, over-hyped crap.

There are a couple in the ones listed so far that I haven't tried. Cool! Gives me some ideas for the winter, as I don't drink a whole lot in the summer.

- Nut

·
Tire Eating Moderator
2,563 Posts
I like beer soooo much, its my downfall.

1. guiness
2. dos equis
3. this german beer I can't remember how to say or spell, but i bet I can find it at the store.
4. rolling rock
5. whatever somebody else paid for (thats my favorite)

I don't drink much these days, too hard to stick with a good workout and do much drinkin.

·
Registered
849 Posts
hmm i dunno about top 5...i only have 3 that i enjoy

1) Becks - great taste, low carbs = super duper hahaha

2) Heineken - first beer i ever had, still enjoy it, very classic

3) Tiger - only have in asia (or asian markets) and it's a pretty good beer, sorta light but tastes good

4) Hefeweizen - they had it at the pub at uc irvine so anytime i went i drank that...it's pretty good, not as good as the aforementioned.

5) Some australian beer i had while on a flight back from malaysia...it wasn't fosters but it wasn't bad at all...

everything else, i dunno, not a big fan...corona, bud, miller, they're just not my taste...

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
1. Cold
2. Free
3. Cold AND Free.
4. Guiness Stout - for all the reasons already listed
5. Miller Light - great for just sitting around watching SEC football

·
Registered
841 Posts
1. Guinness (I've visited the brewery in Dublin - you may all bow in my presence...);

2. Rickard's Red (it goes great with honey garlic wings!);

3. Keith's (I can't believe the guys from the Maritimes haven't mentioned it!);

4. La Maudite (in moderation - it'll bite you for sure!); and

5. Kirin Honey Brown (Japanese - imagine Rickard's with a gold colour and hint of honey flavour!!).

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
1. Killians Irish Red - Has a wonderful aftertaste. No matter how many beers I try I always go back to Killians.

2. Heinekin - The perfect great tasting beer at an affordable cost.

3. Guinness - The only beer I can drink one of and be completely satisfied.

4. Mythos (I drank this in Greece/ Pronounced "mee - toes") - Very cheap and good tasting beer, just wish I could get it around here.

5. New Castle - By far the most distinct flavor beer I have ever had, just too bad it costs $8.99 a six pack.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
1. New Castle or Michelob GD, depending on how thick the wallet is that day.

2. Just about any microbrew.

1 - 20 of 369 Posts