Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
Spiff said:
I'll agree with you on this one.

I love stouts, and would humbly suggest that any Guinness drinker out there try to find a bar that has Beamish stout on tap.

I'm sure you'd like it, 3Dachs, because nobody would ever accuse Beamish of being "thin-tasting." It's much denser than Guinness, and has a creamy (and I mean CREAMY) head that lasts forever. (Well, it lasts as long as it takes me to finish a pint, which is 5-6 minutes. That's forever, right?)

Also, I hope that folks in the States know that the Guinness factory has several different formulations and that the style that it sends to the U.S. is weaker than what you'd get in a Dublin pub.
I just got introduced to Rogue Chocolate Stout, and Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Quite impressive.

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
ChicsterMG said:
Naw...You just need to spend more money on lottery tickets and peel and win tickets then you do on beer.
Oh, yeah, you have to e able to complain about your wife, neighbors, the dog 3 houses down that barks all night. That and you need to tell storis about the 2 1/2 years "when I was in the Corps" 40 years ago!

Don't forget the whippersnapper next door that doesn't mow his lawn to your standard! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
ChicsterMG said:
I drink Yuengling Traditional Lager (America's Oldest Brewerey)as my regular beer. I have been drinking this since they brought it out in the early 90's. Wasn't really marketed until about 5 or six years after it came out.
If you ever get down this way....There's a Yuengling Brewery two miles as the crow flies from where I sit. (I hear they give out samples too! :wink:)

If you haven't tried 'em yet. Try out the Rogue lineup.

Rogue Dead Guy Ale is very good, as is:

Rogue Chocolate Stout.

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
ChicsterMG said:
:wwpics:

Tim, they just built that brewery about 3 or 4 years ago, right? It's nice. Now when I go to Orlando or anywhere in FLA, I can get a real beer, not that Coor's stuff they keep pushing on me.

I love the Rogue. Don't forget Younger's Special Bitter...and yeah, the Dead Guy Ale is great, too. I haven't had the Chocolate Stout, yet. A couple of years ago, Sam Adams made a Chocolate Stout that was great, but I haven't seen it in a while.
It was an old Stroh's Brewery. It just kinda quietly closed, and reopened as Yuengling. It's a tough sell around here though. You guys up North have a more "open to try" a Micro-brew culture than we do.

Right now....I'm duty bound to tradition to consume as many Oktoberfest beers as I can. I search high and low...

My favorites during this magical time of year Sam Adam's (Easiest to find), and Hacker Pschorr (Best IMO...especially draught).

Of course, Michelob will be trotting out their Holiday brews. I love 'em all except the fruit flavored one...and the Honey Lager....those kinda linger after multiple cases. My guests ignore 'em, until I stop buying new ones, so they're forced to drink 'em. To me....Michelob is missing the boat by not producing Marzen (sp?) year round. What an exceptional beer! I generally stop buying kegs this time of year too...Because of all the special blends available.

If anyone comes across some of the Sam Adam's Milleniums from a couple of years ago...maybe collecting dust at your local Vinter or Spirit merchant, I'd appreciate it if they inquired about a sale on my behalf.

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
ChicsterMG said:
Met my father last night and had a few at Cooper's Seafood house. We go just about every Tuesday. They keep about 24 different beers tapped and rotate many craft beers every month. Nice joint, a little price at times, but nice.

Well, we had Beck's Octoberfest. I thought about it and nobody mentioned Beck's. I know, most people hate it because it is like the Budweiser of Germany, but it is a great beer.
I prefer the Beck's original(now called Becks' Dark here).
The Beck's Light or not dark is a great refreshing beer. They have been doing it right for a long time and the Octoberfest is no exception.
I used to be a mark for Beck's. St. Paulie Girl too. I don't know if it's how the distributor down here handles the stuff or what...It's pretty bad by the time it makes it to my house.

I've been to some Distributor's warehouses, and the damn things are open air (in the Florida heat), and I believe Hell's ninth circle would be cooler.

Which brings up this open ended question:

Isn't beer supposed to be treated like milk? If so, then why bother? With the way it's handled in transport and storage it kinda defeats the manufacturers directions and claims about purity, freshness, and all that other good stuff. Am I right? Discuss......

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
ChicsterMG said:
Tonight's beer night for me and the father.
Any suggestions? Going to see if they have Xingto, maybe.
October is over, so they should be starting the next holiday beers on tap.

Oh, the anticipation....
Driving home from work last night. It was trash night. I noticed the empty Michelob Holiday packs that were empty and by the curb, and inferred that the special Holiday treat I rave about every year must be in circulation now!

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
You should try a Marzen.

That is the only reason I get excited about the Holiday Pack. They should make that year round.

(Sigh) What possibly could the public that consumes the crap know?? Tasteless boors we are!!

As you said earlier Chicster.....don't fruit the beer......whomsoever decided that allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon belong in a friggin' beer recipe should be staked out sans clothing, over a Fire Ant mound, in 110 degree heat.

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
ChicsterMG said:
LOL! Bit extreme, but yeah.
However, don't get too ahead of yourself. I like octoberfest beers and some of the spice you mentioned are in them. Mostly, just added flavor, just a hint.

I hadn't even thought about a Marzen. Something else to look forward to over the holidays. Yeah, I like that.
LOL. Looking at my description...yeah...you're right....the description of the beer, however, not the punishment!!!

I should have stressed more to the fact where you're aiming to make a beer taste like a slice of pumpkin pie.

What's next Diabetic Apple Pie with Lowfat Vanilla Ice Cream flavored Lambic?? :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts