Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your top 5 faves and why.

1. Dunkles Hefeweizen - reminds me of youth and all the beer I drank in Germany at the tender age of 16 - plus it tastes KILLER! Not as easy to find in the states as other imports.

2. Hefeweizen - Yeah, great taste and kinda sweet. I like MOST varieties of it, US micro-brews included. A major US beer company mass marketed some Hefe recently, but it SUCKED. Can't remember who . . . want to say Anheuser Busch . . .

3. Coors Light - HEY! I grew up in Denver. That is "Mother's milk" to me. I remember in college, we could get a keg of that stuff for $22. 15.5 Gallon keg, not the "pony" variety. I have drank more of this beer than any other.

4. Amstel Light - Great tasting light beer! I still drink it - when I feel like splurging a bit.

5. Guinness - What can I say, used to be a staple after some crazy-*** sport riding. Still drink it regularly. "I like to eat my beer with a fork." Stouts in general are always good for me in the winter months.

- Nut

·
Premium Member
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UUGH, Corona is overpriced, over-hyped crap.

There are a couple in the ones listed so far that I haven't tried. Cool! Gives me some ideas for the winter, as I don't drink a whole lot in the summer.

- Nut

·
Premium Member
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I think FiveInch wins this round!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta agree there!

- Nut

·
Premium Member
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Local brewery brewed some Hefeweizen. So I tried it after reading this thread the other day, and I gotta say that was some good ish!!!
See? We try to educate AND enlighten here!!!!

I am drinking Coors Light as of late. :mrgreen:

- Nut

·
Premium Member
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Yeah, 151 is FUN! Flaming whatevers. But in the end, I am still a beer guy!

-Nut

·
Premium Member
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
My beer choice this holiday:

Hacker-Pschorr Weisse Dunkles.

Dark Hefeweissen for the Germanically challenged. I first drank Dunkles in '83 when I lived in Straubing as an exchange student. I have fond but hazy memories of thaat time :)

- Nut

·
Premium Member
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
I drank a LOT of Beck's when I was in L.A. last month. BOO YA! Been drinking Newcastles and Bass at the moment.

- Nut

·
Premium Member
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Well, I can tell you that Guinness tastes MUCH better (i.e. fresher) in Europe than in the U.S. I am guessing the voyage across the pond degrades it somewhat.

- Nut

·
Premium Member
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
ne1???? We're not texting here :p

Anyway, check out Abita "Purple Haze" Raspberry Wheat beer. It is brewed in Louisiana. I had some last night. Pretty darn good.

- Nut

·
Premium Member
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Yeah, I was thinking that it on the verge of tasting like a wine cooler.

- Nut

·
Premium Member
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
OK. I'll pound the other five I have here tonight to "get it out of the house".

:p

- Nut

1 - 20 of 56 Posts