Motorcycle Forum banner
281 - 300 of 382 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Trying a new one tonight - Hoegaarden from Belgium. Can't really describe it - it is a wheat beer that is very strong - but really has no discernible flavor . . .

Odd.

- Nut

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
I finally had a Labatt Blue the other night. It wasn't the hillbilly swill I had it pegged as! I might have to get me some for the game tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
The Beer Prayer

: Our lager,
: Which art in barrels,
: Hallowed be thy drink,
: Thy will be drunk,
: I will be drunk,
: At home as I am in the tavern,
: Give us this day our foamy head,
: And forgive us our spillages,
: As we forgive those who spill against us,
: And lead us not to incarceration,
: But deliver us from hangovers,
: For thine is the beer,
: The bitter and the lager,
: Forever and ever,
: Barmen

·
Registered
18 Posts
Shiner Dunkleweizen (made in Texas at the Spoetzle Brewery in Shiner, Texas)
St. Arnold Brown Ale (another Texas brewed beer)
1554 (same brewery where Fat Tire Ale is made)
Avery Black Dog Ale
Rhar & Sons Bucking Bock (Ft. Worth, Texas brewery)

If you ever get to Ft. Worth, Go to The Flying Saucer in Sundance Square, over 100 brews on tap and several more in bottles.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Funny thing, right now I'm drinking ass-beer...

Well, almost... Aass is a norwegian brewery but the norwegians call it ass-beer for fun :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
yuengling- I live 45 minutes from the brewery it is required at all social functions in southeast Pennsylvania

Miller High Life- the champagne of beers, just not out of a can

Natty light- Nothing better for a game of beer pong or an all day tailgate

Lancaster Milk Stout- only made in small batches and at certain times of the year but if you can find it is better then Guinness

Brahma- Brazilian beer that is made for drinking in the summer. They have it on the west coast but it is very hard to come across in the northeast.

Bonus beer- Dogfish Head 60 and 90 minute pale ale. Great little brewery in Delaware.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Ok all of you "Beer nuts", how about some beers that suck. I mean really. Like lots of you fellow imbibers, I've had a good selection of tasty stuff over the years. Are there some out there that should be avoided, even if you are desperate??
No offense to anybody, but I've come to not being a fan of the typical mainstream brews.
I'll leave the names out for now.
Just curious.

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
First and foremost...Brahma....(no offense to the other guy). That stuff was tough to drink. That was probably my first beer that I've ever wanted to dump the whole sixer of. (I ended up keeping the leftovers for company that I didn't like.)

The Bud's, the Miller's, The Coors's of the world.

Most anything in a green bottle with the exception of Yuengling..for some reason the following doesn't apply to Yuengling lager.

Green bottles allow U-V and Fluorescent light in which reacts with the chlorophenols in the Hops, thereby producing a "skunky" brew. Some people like it...I do not. After all these years, and science telling us that light damages the Hops, you have to wonder why the brewer doesn't change...unless they are shooting for this as a bonus ingredient? Shoot. They don't even have to change the bottles. Just put it in a cardboard sixer that covers the bottles.

Just say no to Green Bottled brews...

·
Registered
608 Posts
I've heard about the non-brown bottle issue myself, and try to get brown bottles exclusively. When I end up with a brew that just doesn't tickle my taste buds, I save it for cooking hot dogs in. Does make for a tasty weiner.

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
I've heard about the non-brown bottle issue myself, and try to get brown bottles exclusively. When I end up with a brew that just doesn't tickle my taste buds, I save it for cooking hot dogs in. Does make for a tasty weiner.
That's awesome! I've often sacrificed a shizzitty brew or two to make a swimming pool for the Brat's on my grill. (That's <br*ot*sss> not <br*ats>) !! :mrgreen:

281 - 300 of 382 Posts