Motorcycle Forum banner
301 - 320 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
yuengling- I live 45 minutes from the brewery it is required at all social functions in southeast Pennsylvania

Miller High Life- the champagne of beers, just not out of a can

Natty light- Nothing better for a game of beer pong or an all day tailgate

Lancaster Milk Stout- only made in small batches and at certain times of the year but if you can find it is better then Guinness

Brahma- Brazilian beer that is made for drinking in the summer. They have it on the west coast but it is very hard to come across in the northeast.

Bonus beer- Dogfish Head 60 and 90 minute pale ale. Great little brewery in Delaware.
Wow, you are from Reading. Natty light in your top five? Really?

For Tab, I agree with Tim, except I like Miller Lite.

but I have to say, probably the worst friggin beer was Grolsch Lemon. My father bought this crap for some reason and even after I spit it out, yeah, sorry Tim, I spit it out, my father still tried to convince me it was good.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I use to drink Shiner Black, and Bock. Don't see it as much up here. If not Shiner, then High Life.

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
but I have to say, probably the worst friggin beer was Grolsch Lemon. My father bought this crap for some reason and even after I spit it out, yeah, sorry Tim, I spit it out, my father still tried to convince me it was good.

I believe that is what's known as a "Summer Shandy". Haven't had one, so I couldn't tell you.

Grolsch Reg...green bottle...nasty.

Grolsch Dark....brown bottle....passable.

Yuengling must use that processed hop extract that Miller uses. It's about the only Green bottled beer I like.

Molson is great if it's never seen the light of day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, you are from Reading. Natty light in your top five? Really?

For Tab, I agree with Tim, except I like Miller Lite.

I know Natty is pretty bad but it got me through college and some lean times and I can't just turn my back on such a good friend.

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
Just bottled up a nice Dry Irish Stout last night. (4.9% ABV)

I brewed it last week. Usually, I let 'em sit for three weeks to let the yeast clean up after themselves. I then bottle, and let that sit for three weeks.

I've been finding with the low (relatively compared to what I normally drink or brew) ABV beers, they tend to finish early, and don't require Kid gloves. You can bottle 'em green, and it don't matter. I found with my last Pale Ale, there was no appreciable difference between the beer I tasted after seven days in the bottle and carbing up, than one I had the other day. The only difference is the longer they sit, the clearer they get. But that can be negligible if you put them in the fridge after they carb up. Cold crashing will cause any yeast left in suspension or leftover hop matter or protein break material left to fall out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
1. Whiskey and Ginger Ale
1a. Yuengling. Good bottled, good canned, great on tap. And as me and the friends jokingly say, "Give me some of that Chinese sh**"

2. Red Oak. Great North Carolina beer.
3. Lienenkugel's Sunset Wheat. Good alternative to Blue Moon
4. Blue Moon Spring & Summer Seasonals

·
Registered
45 Posts
I haven't heard of any of the beers posted! lol. But here in Aus people would know, the fav's of mine is:

Tooheys extra dry all the way..
and if I needed another choice because teds were out of the option I would choose Crownies (crown lager)

301 - 320 of 382 Posts