Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
that would be a good choice - although I like to go to the store to buy my car/bike batteries and tipping these things upside down may shorten their life.

Which can happen when you send it ups or other parcel service.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Good stuff there.....also looking at that Odyssey battery. If I can get one of those for less than a hundred, I may go for it.
Stanley

·
Super Moderator
12,342 Posts
although I like to go to the store to buy my car/bike batteries and tipping these things upside down may shorten their life.

Which can happen when you send it ups or other parcel service.
I like to buy my batteries locally too......but for different reasons, not the least of which is that my dealer installs them for "free" and that's no small task on my VLX.

I thought it was illegal to ship batteries with the liquid already IN them ????
Unless maybe they are totally sealed, in which case I doubt that being upside down would hurt anything.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I ordered the scorpion batter and it came loaded. It is an AGM type which stands for absorbed glass mat. it has been working great. I've read that this can be installed in any direction.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yuasa battery plus Yuasa SmartShot battery charger/maintainer. Both decent priced and your battery will last for several years, if not longer.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts