Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the change to efi and styling differences what other revisions has the sv gone through? Any years better or worse in certain areas? Things to watch out for in certain years etc? Looking at the naked, not the s if that matters. Any info appreciated Matt.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
:welcomes: can't tell you the differences, but there are a few SV650 owners around that should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The only thing I can think of other than what you mentioned is that there was a recall on all the SV's from 99 to Jan of 2000 (I think). I cant remember what exactly it was for b/c my bike wasnt affected, but I think it had something to do with the flow of the engine oil.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Not much aside from the model upgrade for 2003 when Suzuki introduced EFI on it. They're great bikes, regardless of which generation.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
Since the intro of the 2nd gen (EFI, restyle), only a few minor changes have gone throw. There was a slight change in ergonomics between 2003 and 2004. For the other years, mostly only a paint job change.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think 40 mm is 4 cm, isn't it. I am just a stupid American, don't know the metric system too well.

Ducati, f6...............I have read a few reviews and they seem to match up pretty well. But, all the review seem to pick apart all the bikes. However, they always rave about the sv engine and how it functions. The ergos, engine, frame, liquid cooling, oil cooling, fuel injection and available accessories are just a few of the reasons i'm sold on the sv.

The ninja, I don't know it just looks dated to me. Just my opinion though. When you sit on the bike you can see the ground through the holes in the fairing, I just don't like it. The monster, looks awesome. I mean it really looks good and sounds cool, but ducati's tend to have more scheduled and detailed maintenance than other bikes. Especially when it comes to valve adjustments.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts