Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a custom bike on a Rolling Thunder Frame. I live in Maryland. Having seen many paint jobs from Airea5150 Inc. I decided to send my sheetmetal there to get a single flames paint job similar to one on their website. I also sent them a picture of how I wanted the flames painted ... the inner part of the flames a golden yellow fading outwards to a darker shades of orange. What the owner Scott did was a fade from front to back instead of from inside to outside. When he sent me pictures, I pointed out that that was not what I had asked for. He proceeded to blame me for his screw up and would not repaint the set unless I paid him also for the new paint job. That would have been $2,400 dollars times two.

I have sent my set to get repainted to what I wanted to begin with to a shop that painted a previous set on another bike that I had. In hindsight, I should have sent it to Larry McCollough to begin with and not to Airea5150. I was forced to pay for a paint job I did not ask for in order to get my sheet metal back.

Beware of doing business with a paint shop far away from home. I will never do it again.

If interested, I can email anyone pictures of what I asked for and what I got. The guy Scott is a jerk.

BTW, he would not let me post my comments on his website.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Maybe we should leave comments...might get annoying enough that he may give you a refund

·
Registered
8 Posts

wow.....

Airea5150 is a large and nationally recognized paint shop. They are probably one of the top twelve in the country. I've never heard of this sort of problem with one of the "big guys". My guess is he wasn't terribly worried about upsetting you, as $2500 paintjobs on metric cruisers isn't where they really make their money. $5000-$10,000 paintjobs on $100,000 customs is what they do a lot of, and what they are known for. Still, that's no excuse to treat a paying customer that way!

Sorry you had such a tough time, but a local painter could have done the same thing to you I guess (refused to give your parts back until you paid for them, regardless of the conditions). Most of our work is done out of state, and we've got plenty of happy customers, so I'd have to disagree with your suggestion to not send parts out that you want worked on! ;) :)

The important part is you now have what you wanted, and you're happy, so ride safe! :bluethum:

·
Registered
1 Posts
AIREA 5150, Inc. Owners

Dear Mr. Daniel Temoche,

You failed to add the fact that you called us, to thank us for the outstanding paint job. Along with all your friends making comments on how much they loved your paint job. Also your apology to me "Karen" for all your rude remarks and verbal abuse you gave me. Are you crazy or what? The public should know.....

Respectfully,
Karen & Scott Daugherty
Owners

·
Registered
396 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
For $2400 I would never deal with someone I didnt look in the eye as I shook thier hand!
Even in 2007

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
It's ok Easy. It's an obituary to the above mentioned Scott.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts