Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my first learner bike, a CF Moto v-night 150 for around 2 months.

Last night there was a cyclone with very strong winds, when i awoke I had the displeasure of seeing my bike lying horizontal on its left side.

My left wing mirror was snapped off but I have also noticed a small amount of green fluid leaking, looks like it came from under the seat. Any ideas of what this could be?

Also it seems one of my small black hoses have snapped on the right side of my bike heading towards the exhaust pipe, I have no clue whatsoever how this happened and if it was related to my bike falling over last night but I have not noticed it before. If anyone could let me know how urgent this problem is that would be great.

Thank you in advance

IMG_3404[1].JPG IMG_3405[1].JPG

·
Super Moderator
12,828 Posts
Do you have an owners manual; that would be a good thing to get.

For more specific advice, the model year of the bike might be necessary but I think both these things can be pretty accurately guessed at.

The green stuff is coolant (anti-freeze) and there likely is a plastic overflow bottle that is not under pressure and not completely sealed. A little bit has leaked out. This probably is NOT a big problem but the coolant level needs to be checked.

The a guess about the hose: Most bikes have one or two drain hoses that go down toward the bottom of the bike that are supposed to be just hanging there open.

Do you have a dealer or other shop nearby that you can visit ? You probably should have it looked at before riding too far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a CF Moto also, 150. Easy Rider is right. Fluid is from the overflow bottle and the hose is an emissions (burnoff?)
Chinese form of emissions control. Fix it or it will screw with the computer!.

Hope this helps
SCfireman.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for your replies!SCFireman, does this mean the pipe was originally like this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts