Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bandit 600 wont start right up a second time if the first start doesn't run for a while. Scenario: forgot to unclip my helmet from the bike, started it, realized I needed the key, turned it off and got mt helmet. Went to start it again and it wont turn over. Can anyone explain this phenomenon to me? Its not the first time this has happened.

·
Super Moderator
13,854 Posts
Went to start it again and it wont turn over. Can anyone explain this phenomenon to me? Its not the first time this has happened.
And it won't be the last.......until you clean your posts and/or get a new battery.
That is the time to check the charging system too but it's probably fine.
Your weak battery only has enough OOMPH to start it once; before too long, it won't even do that.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
Actualy the B12 used to do this sometimes too...and the Busa..I figured it something to do with the ECU being tempramental. The bike would not even do the needle swing reset so I reckoned it was the ecu getting its knickers in a twist...too soon after switching off and then back on?? It still could be your battery being on its way out but it never was for mine...so live with the Idiosyncrasies I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.