Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, my 06 600 quits after 15 -20 sec. after starting. i wait a little while and it starts again and quits after it starts up again. please advise.

·
Super Moderator
13,232 Posts
hello, my 06 600 quits after 15 -20 sec. after starting. i wait a little while and it starts again and quits after it starts up again. please advise.
Apparently you have a "Suzuki virus" infecting your bikes.
Do you really have TWO different ones with almost the same symptoms ??

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Maybe the IATS or the FPS is at fault?...if you are genuine I'll let you know what those two acronym's stand for and how to find the devices they relate to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello,
i do not understand the language, what does IATS AND FPS means? i have replace the fuel pump and clean injectors. also replace fuel lines and coils.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
The IATs is the inlet temp sensor and it controls the fuel ratio for different temps....if its faulty the fuel ratio will either be too lean or too rich. The FPS is the fuel pressure sensor and will cut the fuel pump when a pre determined pressure is reached. If faulty the fuel pressure will drop too low for the engine to run. I would suggest you have a low/faulty battery causing the engine to quit or a fuel delivery problem...faulty pump filter etc... What mileage does it have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts