Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding for about a year now and have logged about 500 miles on my Rebel since I got it, so I still consider myself a beginner. With that being said, how crazy of an idea is it to consider an upgrade to a Honda Fury? Is it too much bike for a beginner?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did take the motorcycle safety course. I don't like the idea of buying three to four bikes to get to the one that I want. But for safety sake it's probably the best idea.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha. I like my bike but I've changed jobs and now have a 40 mile ride one way. Probably 30 miles of the trip the speed limit is 70. The Rebel is topped out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has. I need something bigger but the thought of buying say a 750 to ride for a year and then try to sell it to buy something bigger isn't appealing to me.

·
Super Moderator
12,406 Posts
It has. I need something bigger but the thought of buying say a 750 to ride for a year and then try to sell it to buy something bigger isn't appealing to me.
Well what exactly IS appealing to you then ??

Clue: you can't always do what you want.......or shouldn't.

I've been riding for about 50 years now and half the fun is trading bikes every few years to experience the different rides.
If you think you can find the "perfect ride" just by look and a 5 minute test ride......you are just fooling yourself.

P.S. 45 of those riding years were on bikes of less than 600 CC's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But I want to do what I want to do. No...I know. I'm going to look at some bigger bikes soon. Maybe a Shadow or Bolt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts