Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Leg Humps The Snap On Tool Man
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched this forrum and mostly found old threads with dead links. I have for a few years now plumbed in a set of SkullCandy over the ear headphones into my helmet. The sound is good but when I get a call I hear it ring and can't answer w/o getting off, stripping down the gloves and fishing for my phone.

I am looking for experience or information reguarding Bluetooth capable full face helmets. (modular need not apply) Likewise I am not interested in expensive add on boxes strapped to the side of the helmet.

I have been looking at the V Tune from Vega and was hoping to hear of similar products or personal expereinces with similar products. NMc

·
Registered
151 Posts
My parents have a set of the Nolan N-Com helmets that use bluetooth, and they love them. Granted, the ones they have are modular, but Nolan makes a full-face N-Com model as well.

They're in their 60s, not what anyone would consider "technologically inclined," and have no problems using the bluetooth. They use it primarily for helmet-to-helmet communication, though. I can't imagine pairing it up with a phone would be much more difficult.

·
Leg Humps The Snap On Tool Man
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand the time away from the phone thing but if it my girl freind is asking me to make a stop at the groceiry store for example then it is better to know instead of playing phone tag, plus I like my music equiped phone.

My father uses a Nolan Modular sans bluetooth and already complains about the weight. I don't believe the modular helmets provide any better crash protection than a 3/4 helmet except for the debris protection (read bugs and peppering) so I will stick with a full face. I'm not keen on looking like the millions of baby boomers straddleing a BMW dual sport or gold wing with the obligitory Nolan helmet. I'm not sold on thier full face either or the cost. They have plenty of features but it's just not what I am looking for. I suppose I will go ahead and get the V-Tune next spring for me and my 2up unless I hear of anything better. Thanks for the input guys. NMc

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi all,
I'm looking for a bluetooth equipped helmet now too. Fear, did you end up buying the Vega? If so, how was it sound quality wise?
I'm also looking @ headcase. They sound great on their website, but there are some negative reviews floating around. Anyone used one of these helmets?
Any opinions appreciated. Links for the three helmets I'm looking @ are below.
-JP
[h=1]Headcase HC-908-B Flat Black Bluetooth Modular Motorcycle Helmet (Headcase HC-908-B Flat Black Bluetooth Modular Motorcycle Helmet
Headcase HC-810G-B Silver Bluetooth Full Face Motorcycle Helmet (http://motodirect.com/product/1_189-Bluetooth-Helmets/2235-Headcase-Helmets-Headcase-HC-810G-B-Silver-Bluetooth-Full-Face-Motorcycle-Helmet.html)
V-Tune Full Face Helmet (Vega Street Helmets - XTS Half Helmet Shape Motorcycle Helmet) [/h]

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am rocking an interphone f4 bluetooth setup in my and my wifes helmet. Works well. We can talk over a fair distance, listen to music seperately and I just say 'hello' when
It rings and it answers. Goes loud enough to clearly hear music over my straight shots while wearing earplugs. A++.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Interesting. I had been looking @ bluetooth headsets that can be attached to the helmet, but I was concerned about the sturdiness of velcro. It looks like the Interphone F4 uses double stick tape rather than velcro. Is this the case?
I want a new helmet too though & for the price it looks to be more economical to get a helmet w/ the bluetooth already installed.
One question about the voice prompt, can you initiate a call hands free? Like voice dialing, only you don't have to select voice dial on the phone?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Interesting. I had been looking @ bluetooth headsets that can be attached to the helmet, but I was concerned about the sturdiness of velcro. It looks like the Interphone F4 uses double stick tape rather than velcro. Is this the case? <br>I want a new helmet too though & for the price it looks to be more economical to get a helmet w/ the bluetooth already installed. <br>One question about the voice prompt, can you initiate a call hands free? Like voice dialing, only you don't have to select voice dial on the phone?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
most bluetooth systems will initiate a voice prompt after holding a button down for a few seconds.

once your past the HJC helmets ( i think my heads worth more than $100) the cost of the helmet + bluetooth isnt much more than the integrated.

and i'd hate to give up my bell rs-1.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My current helmet is an AFX Fx-96. I bought it in 2006. It's cute & all, but I really need a new one. :roll: I don't like the fit either. I was using a Harley half-shell, but then my windshield broke about 6 months ago & I decided not to replace it. The half-shell wasn't working for me w/ no windshield so I'm back to this one.
41REdMjrLNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I don't want to buy a new helmet+bluetooth. That looks like it'll be upwards of $300 on average, while buying a bluetooth integrated helmet looks to be $200+. I really like trying things on before I buy them though. Buying on line sucks, but I don't have any other options.

If anyone has either a Headcase or a Vega, please give me your opinion of your helmet.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The interphone module connects eith first a bracket to the helmet, then the module slides and clicks ont the bracket. The bracket either clamps on using a thin arm that slides between the styrofoam and outer shell (my exo-1000) or an extremely sticky backing (wifes helmet). You can start music by double tapping the main button anytime. You can initiate voice commands of the phone with a single tap. You can connect to a paired interphone with a second or so of holding the main button. I am satisfied and with more speaker/mic kits can swap between helmets easily.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am rocking an interphone f4 bluetooth setup in my and my wifes helmet. Works well. We can talk over a fair distance, listen to music seperately and I just say 'hello' when
It rings and it answers. Goes loud enough to clearly hear music over my straight shots while wearing earplugs. A++.
+1 i would stay away from helmets with bluetooth built in, they tend to be a few generations behind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts