Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m shopping for a buddy right now that says there is a bore kit for his Classic V-Star 650 suppose to bring the bike up to 1200cc. Iv been looking all over the place and cant seem to find what he's looking for.

Another question, is this a waste of time? Should he just get a new Star with the larger engine?
:?:

·
Registered
743 Posts
That's a huge increase. I've never heard of that much. And yes it would probably cost him less in the long run to sell his 650 and get a bigger bike.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the same thing when he told me. It's only an extra K for the 1200 anyways. I would have just gone for that route to begin with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is no "bore Kit" available for the 650. The engine is actually a bored out 535 Virago engine.
If, however you know someone that wants to make their 650 run faster than the stock 1100...send them my way, and I'll show them how to do it!

Jay

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is no "bore Kit" available for the 650. The engine is actually a bored out 535 Virago engine.
If, however you know someone that wants to make their 650 run faster than the stock 1100...send them my way, and I'll show them how to do it!

Jay
I just bought my in-laws and wanna wake it up how do i do so? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
I just bought my in-laws and wanna wake it up how do i do so? Thanks
Since this thread is 14 years old, the original participants might not be here anymore.

And if "waking it up" involves putting straight pipes on it, I respectfully suggest that you get a bigger bike if you want to go faster.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Jay
Looking for more pulling power in my xvs650

·
Registered
1 Posts

Jay
What you got? Ive been thinking about tinkering with mine this winter i have the same bike

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
What you got? Ive been thinking about tinkering with mine this winter i have the same bike
The thread is STILL 14 years old.
And the person who posted that hasn't been back in 14 years either.
The odds aren't good.

Hopefully someone else can help out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts