Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help I want to change my stock air filter to something like a spike filter like the pic or a hyper charger. I am not necessarily after more performance just looks, but will take the performance if I can get it. I cannot find anything out there, prefer to buy from Australia but will buy overseas if I have to. Also any other mods that are out there.

·
Super Moderator
13,354 Posts
If anything, mods like that are more likely to make it run worse instead of better.
And they often don't filter as good either.

I suggest that you concentrate more on enjoying the ride.
Nobody really cares about how much "bling" you put on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If anything, mods like that are more likely to make it run worse instead of better.

Why don't you stop dude. Just because you want to keep your bike stock, doesn't mean everyone else has to.
I love my M50 but wanted something just a little different. I installed on a Cobra exhaust a Cobra fuel proc and a thunder Mfg. intake. The bike runs great, a lot better than stock.....and it looks cooler too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Need help I want to change my stock air filter to something like a spike filter like the pic or a hyper charger. I am not necessarily after more performance just looks, but will take the performance if I can get it. I cannot find anything out there, prefer to buy from Australia but will buy overseas if I have to. Also any other mods that are out there.

View attachment 39871

·
Registered
29 Posts
A lot of the stuff is gonna be hard to find but if you're willing to search, I think you'll be happy with the result. They won't raise your hp that much but you will feel the difference. I'm running Cobra Streetrods (I'd probably do V&H instead) with a Cobra Fi 2000R fuel proc. (I'd probably do a Dynojet) and a Thunder Mfg. intake. Again, you won't beat an M90 and the **** is expensive but it did change my bike as far as performance and looks. It's your bike, take a shot.

·
Registered
29 Posts

THe owner of the bike cares. Just as car enthusiast change their M3's and RS4" just to be a little different, bikers have that same desire.

·
Super Moderator
13,354 Posts
THe owner of the bike cares. Just as car enthusiast change their M3's and RS4" just to be a little different, bikers have that same desire.
And everybody else does care that it is now noisy, illegal and obnoxious.
That gives ALL riders a bad name.
Loud pipes risk rights.

Why don't YOU just stop......dude !!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
And everybody else does care that it is now noisy, illegal and obnoxious.
That gives ALL riders a bad name.
Loud pipes risk rights.

Why don't YOU just stop......dude !!!
Noisy to who, obnoxious to who, you ?? I have yet to be stopped by a cop because of my exhaust note. As far as giving "ALL" riders a bad name. I think the clowns on the sport bikes cutting in and out of traffic and the unlicensed, illegal dirt bikes and quads downing tricks on public streets do more to give bikers a bad name than me on my M50. You want to ride your bike stock, more power to ya but when a person comes on here looking for a way to make their bike their own stop being such a selfrigthous granny and spare them the sermon .

·
Registered
2002 Suzuki Marauder VZ800
10 Posts
Seems to have been done, this post is from 2012 so the OP may no longer be around the forums. I don't think the difference between the C50 and M50 is that big but I've been wrong before.

There's a premade kit for a 1600 Marauder, looks like the same part used above.

I'm trying to find a service manual for your model, it'd be good to see the layout of the intake system. Once you have that, you can get a better idea of what might work and start taking measurements. Doesn't seem that there's something you can just slap on, some creativity required. :cool:(y)

·
Super Moderator
13,354 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes. Me and the Government too.

It is ILLEGAL to modify the exhaust on any street vehicle to make it louder.
Simple fact.

There is not need to get all upset here.
But if you DO continue arguing and throwing insults, your membership might be terminated.
You're the one that's obviously upset. Threatening to terminate my membership because I disagree with your stance on modifying my bike. I simply defended myself against your accusations that my bike was obnoxious and that I give ALL riders a bad name and I will continue to do so.......even if it means I'll have to leave the group.

·
Super Moderator
13,354 Posts
You're the one that's obviously upset.
Nope. Not upset unless and until you INSULT another member here, including me.
Facts are good. Opinions are welcome too......up to a point.
Just keep it clean and you will be fine.
But you WILL get some push-back if you continue to advocate for LOUD pipes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts