Motorcycle Forum banner

Boulevard c50t

691 Views 17 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Frogman105
Hey looking for some advise . I am 50 years old and have not rode a bike in 25 years, and I have a chance to buy a 2012 Boulevard c50t for $4000 cad from a buddy . It only has 700ish klms . First is this a good deal , i feel it is and second , i am 5’9” 270 lbs . Is it big enough for me.

thanks
Boatman
  • Helpful
Reactions: 1
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
I got back into biking at 63 years old after a 25-30 year hiatus. My first bike getting back into it was a Suzuki Boulevard C50T. I’m 6’4” and 250 lbs. The bike was great. It only took me a few trips out on it to feel comfortable riding again. I would probably still have it if I hadn’t truly stumbled across a smokin deal on a C90. The price you listed seems a tad high, but it’s not really out of range. My first concern would be how the seller maintained the fuel system. Is the tank clean and free of rust, also are the injectors ok?
WHS^ not sure of the price as they are very different here in Australia. C50s/M50s are a nice looking bike and are very popular so that says something about them.
It only has 700ish klms .
A 10 year old bike with only 700 KLM ??
If that is not a typo. then mileage that low is NOT a good thing.
And I too think the price is too high.
(Edit: According to KBB, the retail price would be around $6000 CDN.
So the asking price looks OK for a private sale.)

Ask a LOT of questions about the routine maintenance that has been done......or not done.

Just for instance, the tires are shot at 10 years no matter how good they might look.
Probably should have some other things done too.......like brake fluid and coolant.
Other rubber hoses carefully inspected.

And if this is a shaft drive model, both ends of the shaft need to be inspected.
Some came from the factory with insufficient lube on the gears.
See less See more
  • Helpful
Thanks. This is a buddy of mine that got sick after buying it. He has always stored it in a heated garage and started it monthly .
Thanks. This is a buddy of mine that got sick after buying it. He has always stored it in a heated garage and started it monthly .
Listen......I KNOW that you think this is a cream puff but for several reasons it probably is NOT.
Tires age no matter where it is stored. IT NEEDS NEW TIRES.

Starting without riding is exactly the WRONG thing to do.
The fuel system needs to be drained and refilled.......at least.
How often was the oil changed ?
Yes, it should be changed about once a year no matter how much it is ridden.

Don't be blinded by the fact that this is a friend of yours.
He did the best he could........but that shouldn't mean that YOU should make a foolish mistake.

If you really do all the stuff that needs to be done before you ride it, that might add $1000 to your total price.
Still might be an OK deal but nothing super.
See less See more
Ok thanks I will check this all out
Appreciate the advice
There is a distinct possibility that everything except the tires will check out ok. It all depends on the care it was given. When I bought my 2007 C90 in Oct of 2021, it had exactly 2890 miles. All of the paperwork on the bike was with it. The original owner had it 7 years and put 2700 miles on it. The 2nd owner had it 7 years and out 180 miles on it (Due to several health issues) I was very very Leary of the 2nd 7 years and almost zero miles. But everything checked out perfectly. I have now put nearly 4500 miles on it and it has been truly flawless. So, my point is you might get lucky and everything be ok.
Thanks . I will for sure. Appreciate it. Know a good place to buy tire’s online? We are pretty isolated here.
Thanks . I will for sure. Appreciate it. Know a good place to buy tire’s online? We are pretty isolated here.
Does that mean that there is no motorcycle shop within a reasonable distance......like 100 miles ?
Most shops have decent prices on tires.
AND most shops will do tires on brands of bikes that they don't sell.

I'm not sure I would be buying a bike if there was no place to get it serviced.
Nope closest place is like 250 kilometres away. However there are alot of bikes around here. Its rural Newfoundland.
Buy a trailer....:sneaky:
  • Love
Nope closest place is like 250 kilometres away. However there are alot of bikes around here. Its rural Newfoundland.
Is that a dealership or an independent shop ?
You gotta make the best of what you HAVE.
Its a dealership
SO.....if you haven't already, search out independent shops or dealers of other brands in the area.
Kawasaki in particular shares a lot with some Suzuki models........and the basics of a lot of metric bikes are very similar.
Hey looking for some advise . I am 50 years old and have not rode a bike in 25 years, and I have a chance to buy a 2012 Boulevard c50t for $4000 cad from a buddy . It only has 700ish klms . First is this a good deal , i feel it is and second , i am 5’9” 270 lbs . Is it big enough for me.

thanks
Boatman
I am 6'1" and weigh 220, I have a Honda Magna 750cc. It is more than enough for me. I am going to say it's big enough for you. Looks like a good solid bike...

thanks
Boatman
I just recently started back myself (63). I was a fan of center pegs all my life. I found a bike online but after closer inspection saw the pegs were forward. The picture was a little deceiving. I called them back as I did not want to waste their time or mine and they told me more like mid forward. I have bad arthritis in both knees so positioning is very important to me. There is a website Cycle-ergo.com you pick your bike, put in your height and inseam and it will give you an idea as to how you "fit" on it. The rest you can get with the basic specs of the bike. Like everyone else, tires, hoses, oil life, tank conditions all have to be considered. Check for dry rot, look in the tank, check the condition of the fluids. Sitting around garage or not those fluids do break down. Good luck!!
Hey looking for some advise . I am 50 years old and have not rode a bike in 25 years, and I have a chance to buy a 2012 Boulevard c50t for $4000 cad from a buddy . It only has 700ish klms . First is this a good deal , i feel it is and second , i am 5’9” 270 lbs . Is it big enough for me. thanks Boatman
Yeah, go for it. Awesome choice. In August of 2022, I bought a 2013 SUZUKI Boulevard C50 for $4000, and had about 20,000 miles on it. Bought it in Phoenix, Arizona and drove it back to southern California. For the price, it had close to $2000 in upgrades, Memphis Shades Fats Windshield with the quick release set up, Cobra Pipes, Power Commander V ignition setup, K&N air filter, Dual Hella horns, Dual Stereo Speakers, X-Ram cellphone holder, New Michelin Commander 2 front and rear tires, Studded Mustang driver & backrest and passenger seats with a lockable quick release Paladin passenger backrest. Since then, I added a Paladin Luggage rack and a 2 inch lowering kit. I love this bike. BTW, I'm 65 years young and haven't ridden motorcycles in about 35 years since my daughter was born. I'm only 5' 7" and weight between 150 and 155 lbs. And could flat foot the bike with both feet with my knees slightly bent. Now with the 2 inch lowering dogbones, I feels like I am in control of my bike, with the lower center of gravity. My other choices were the Honda Shadow, Yamaha V-Star or the Kawasaki Vulcan. I'm so glad I made my choice.
See less See more
1 - 18 of 18 Posts