Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all first time poster here. I haven't had much time to ride. I bought it to ride with my SO and well. Medical issues. I'm not very experienced but I intend to repair it myself but I'd like to know if you all have any tips you can give me. It was heartbreaking to see the damage when we got where we were going. It was improperly secured apparently. Though I think most of it is easy fix and stuff one part concerns me.

Here are some images. The first is on the throttle. It worries me the most. The next two are front right and back left lights. The back left ripped the rubber material holding it in place. I was very upset. As tired as I am I'd like to try and see what others say. It's a 2009

Throttle Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

front and rear lights.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Thanks everyone. I'm sure it's similar to dropping ones bike. Still my husband is a little irate. I don't blame him. I'm irate too. I couldn't help with the loading because I can't lift more than 10 lbs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It looks like your throttle housing is alright as far as I can see in the picture. The bolt looks bent to the bar weight. I have bar grips & end weights that should work from an 08. If you want them, just pay for shipping and they are yours.
$10 should cover it from anywhere in the lower 48. If you want pictures I can get those as well.
As far as the housing on the turn signal, I cannot help, but maybe someone here can.
Let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like your throttle housing is alright as far as I can see in the picture. The bolt looks bent to the bar weight. I have bar grips & end weights that should work from an 08. If you want them, just pay for shipping and they are yours.
$10 should cover it from anywhere in the lower 48. If you want pictures I can get those as well.
As far as the housing on the turn signal, I cannot help, but maybe someone here can.
Let me know.
Hey thanks for posting! I'm currently working with the company that packed the bike as they admitted some fault. They're willing to work with me to help cover the damages thankfully. So. Weight off my shoulders. I'd love to see the grips. It's very very nice of you to offer them to me. Shipping is no problem what so ever. Again thank you so very much. Let me know!

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
I would expect the moving company to pay for all the repairs. The bar weight looks like a simple replacement bolt will suffice...the bolt is bent. The front indicator is a simple replacement part. The rear indicator looks like it bolts to a housing that is broken and all of that will need to be replaced as the original indicator will not bolt to the broken section. The indicator looks OK but I would want replacement parts for ones that are scratched or marked.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts