·
Registered
250 Posts
any more updates or pics?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
I put an 8.5lb spring in it today.. second gear breaks the tire really hard and builds boost fast.. lol holden together and fun as can be..

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
if i had the money i'd be down there helping you do that to mine!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
fargo.. it turns the bike into what it was supposed to be.... i cant remeber what it is like riding a stock one anymore... i should just to get a grip on how fast this thing is and how far its come along

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hey DK, Sorry to be a noob but I don't see your parts list. I'd really like to research this a little more cause like everyone else on here my 50 is just a bit sluggish...but since it's paid for I'm not getting a new shiny fast toy...I'm fine mechanically but would you be willing to work out a deal on fabbing me up an exhaust mani? Thanks!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Great...*NOW* I see it...must be a member thing with the forums. Thanks for sharing so much info with everyone! I bet your bike gets looks and comments everywhere it goes!:whistle:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Yea ppl scratch there heads alot and do double takes lol.. especially when i go whistling by them... anyway yea i can build and exhaust manifold for you if you want to.. Its not goin to be real cheap but I can do it.. also depends on how far you want it completed (coated or not) also on that parts list be sure and find the most up to date one.. i changed some things to make it work better.. the biggest one was the Power Commander V is very important and the auto tune.. I did a write up on how to retro fit it to an 08 and lower.. i dont know if it made it to the sticky info or not..

·
Registered
926 Posts
Thanks for getting back. When/if I decide what turbo setup I want to use I'll give you a holler! I'm not looking for a bargain-basement build...just some quality craftsmanship. How's your mani holding up with that big stinkin' turbo up there anyway?!

·
Leg Humps The Snap On Tool Man
1,477 Posts
Dark knight do you suppose you could source the clutch material in sheet form and cut to fit with an exacto knife, a dozen blades and a bunch of time? Or a similar clutch kit to be moddified? Is the crank shaft end the same on our M as any other Zuki so that you could run a different clutch assembly entirely? I find it hard to believe Suzuki would make it completely non-interchangeable with any other product.You might even try asking politely to "beta test" a clutch for Wiseco or EBC.

I'm still waiting for one of our fleet sleds (Polaris 800 Switchbacks & FSTs) to get wadded into a ball so I can steal the turbo off one.

Found this at our local bike night, it's a Suzuki M95, the guy who owns it used to run the dyno at a now defuncted shop.

Also I see you've been posting the Harley Procharger kit around, I was thinking for our bikes it might be easier to mount to the end of a camshaft, unlikely to happen but still cool stuff. NMc

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
lol yea i was posting around the procharger for tire kicking purpouses... I ended up ordering a C50 kevlar clutch from Barnett.. (mainly because it comes with springs) and im just going to shim the springs untill there is enough pressure to hold the power.. I belive the Barnett springs are already 10% stiffer.. I wonder how well that m95 runs..

·
Leg Humps The Snap On Tool Man
1,477 Posts
I'll ask him next time I talk to him, probably goes like hell. I had seen it once before when he was still fabbing it. I pulled him aside and mentioned the oil feed and return lines were backwards. I didn't get to talk with him about it last time but he has fixed the oil lines and added liquid cooling lines.

Dark Knight are you planning on using an intercooler at anypoint?

Let us know about your clutch work as it comes along, should mine ever need it... NMc

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Ehh i dont really see a need for the intercooler.. the compressor housing is always cool enough to touch even on the hotest days.. and i dont think it would really help as much as it would complicate everything.. so for me the artistic to mechanical function ratio doesnt work out as i put it..

Ive ordered a C50 clutch from Barnett since they actualy send springs with that kit.. ive measured all the clutch springs deminsions (installed height, travel, coil bind, installed pressure, open pressures.... etc) so i know ill have more pressure when i go to put the new stuff in.. I found some machined shims from work that fit in perfectly.. Ill let everyone know how well it works..

I was told that bike manufactures put the spring pressures right on the edge of the ability to keep the clutch from splipping from the power to allow a smoother (not as stiff) clutch lever at the hand.. anyway ill be back later this week if the clutch ever makes it here.. nothing as frustrating as having a tracking number that only tells you that hes been billed for it but the item hasnt left yet for days..

221 - 240 of 272 Posts