Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 50cc lexmoto Hunter (crap I know). It’s not even 6 months old yet and was brought and made at a well known dealership near me. I have had no end of problems with it. My warranty is void and I’m not a bright spark when it comes to motorbikes. Not long ago I noticed when I was riding that the brake light is always on regardless of wether I’m pressing the brakes or not. Past few weeks I have also noticed that my back break has become Harder to push down. Now I can only push down on the back brake less than a quarter of the way it’s supposed too ?. So these two must be linked. The back break isn’t on and isn’t affecting my speed but I can no longer rely on that to brake. Does anyone have an idea of what I could check to fix it ?

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
First off I would suspect the linkage needs greasing...this may be why the light stays on too although the switch is often the problem....even on Jap bikes. Squirt of WD40 and work the switch in and out may sort that particular problem. I am assuming the rear brake is a drum and not hydraulic. If it is hydraulic then the problem is likely to be more complex and not an issue a novice should tackle.

The brake litght switch is often a simple pull type with a spring which will be attached to the rear brake pedal somewhere along its length. It is usually adjustable by undoing a plastic nut that is threaded onto the switch body. Another nut is fitted to the switch in the same way on the other side of the mounting bracket and it is by manipulating the two nuts that adjustment is made.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
12,688 Posts
He hasn't been back since he posted this 3 days ago.
I was going to comment......but if he doesn't come back I'm not likely to waste my time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts